Cancer In Non-greyhound

My 14 year old non-greyhound has a cancerous growth in her ear that is scheduled to be surgically removed. It is not known if the cancer has metastasized. She is otherwise healthy, eating normally, etc. I am worried about her going under anethesia at her age, plus she's never been away from home except for trips to the vet. She gets nervous and upset very easily. Please think good thoughts for her. Thank you.

Sending prayers for your pupster.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest meandmygreys

They anestisized(sp) Bonnie to sew up a shoulder wound..she was 14..everything was fine..I was worried sick about putting her out at that age..she went through it better than I did !!

sending prayers.

Sending many prayers and bright white light for your sweet babe. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest tricolorhounds

:grouphug I know how you feel. My 13 yr old just had a softball sized hematoma removed from her spleen. She came through the just fine. Waiting to hear if she can come home today.

Let us know how your baby does. :grouphug

• 4 weeks later...

I cried after I left her at the vet this morning, after a million goodbyes and kisses she was put in a cage and just stared at me the whole way as I walked out the door as if to say "why are you leaving me here?". She is such a homebody and gets scared and anxious very easily, my heart broke for her.

The good news is I just spoke with the vet and surgery is done, she made it through and came out of the anethesia without a problem. :)

He glued the wound shut instead of stitches :huh .

I will be picking her up in a couple hours to bring her home. I want to give her something extra special for dinner tonight, she has got to be famished, any ideas? I was thinking a fast-food hamburger but I don't eat fast food and don't want to give it to her if it might upset her tummy. Maybe I will just cook her some chicken.

I just can't help but to think this is "the beginning of the end", though. :( Please wish her many more months of quality life until (if/when) the cancer metastasizes. I love her dearly and she has overcome so much in her life, she certainly has lived each of her 14 years to the fullest.

Here's hoping she's with you for a lot longer. Get her whatever she likes for a special treat. Maybe some ice cream?

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Checking in for a pupdate. Still doing the "clean margins" chant.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Sending hugs. Since pupper had anaesthesia today, maybe a light meal would be best? A bit of poached beef or chicken with a spoonful of ice cream on top?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I cried after I left her at the vet this morning, after a million goodbyes and kisses she was put in a cage and just stared at me the whole way as I walked out the door as if to say "why are you leaving me here?". She is such a homebody and gets scared and anxious very easily, my heart broke for her.

The good news is I just spoke with the vet and surgery is done, she made it through and came out of the anethesia without a problem. :)

He glued the wound shut instead of stitches :huh .

I will be picking her up in a couple hours to bring her home. I want to give her something extra special for dinner tonight, she has got to be famished, any ideas? I was thinking a fast-food hamburger but I don't eat fast food and don't want to give it to her if it might upset her tummy. Maybe I will just cook her some chicken.

I just can't help but to think this is "the beginning of the end", though. :( Please wish her many more months of quality life until (if/when) the cancer metastasizes. I love her dearly and she has overcome so much in her life, she certainly has lived each of her 14 years to the fullest.

I know it is hard but try to not think the worst, not all cancers metastasize. Sending prayers. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest LolasMom
Sending hugs. Since pupper had anaesthesia today, maybe a light meal would be best? A bit of poached beef or chicken with a spoonful of ice cream on top?

I was thinkig the same thing. Nothing too greasy... and of course a touch of ice cream helps everything feel a little better. :wub:

sorry, can't spell

Edited by LolasMom

I agree, easy does it.

siggie-7.jpg