Healing Thoughts Please

Guest ownedby2greys

Guest ownedby2greys

Can we spare some good vibes and healing thoughts for Razor please...Over night and this morning he has been yelping when gettin up and lying down and going up steps...some are little yelps and some are big screams.

He seems to be keeping his hind legs very tucked under and is walking with a very stiff gait..Hes been on Devils Claw for ages due to on going problems but hes never been this bad.

Hes booked into vets for 2pm .... He is only 6 yr old and the poor fella hasnt had a MINUTE without a pain of some kind since i got him 2 and half yrs ago

Hes now sleeping easy on the duvet.

Will let you know how he fairs up.

S4022711.jpg

:inlove

Guest ownedby2greys

Many thanks all for your good vibes. :wub:

Its seems he has got a lot of spinal pain going on at the moment.He is on painkiller and total bed rest and back to Vets Thursday for more check ups..If the problem is still persistant they want to X-Ray him - which i am totally pooping myself about because Osteosarcoma (Bone Cancer) tends to run thru the Greenpark Fox bloodlines (Razors Grandsire) so if it is this it will show..But at the moment i am putting my money and hopes on a trapped nerve :unsure:

Hes currently dopped upto the eyeballs from painkiller Jab and resting peacefully...Still crying when laying down and getting up.

Thanks for all your good vibes and hugs..will keep you update :wub:

Roachininsun.jpg

Guest ownedby2greys

Update - Last night from 4pm onwards things got worse..much worse he was just laid flat out on the sofa and sturggling to even turn his head without crying.I seriously thought it was the end..he laid there for about 9 hours solid then at "wee" time at 10pm after a lot of agonizing gettin off the sofa and out to the yard (which includes 4 steps) he got stuck on the 2nd step and cudnt come down

We eventually got him out and he did his wee wees..back in,had his supper and back onto the sofa..again laid in same postion from 10.15pm onwards - I slept on the "dog sofa" as razor was on the "human sofa"

Needless to say every slight movement during the night woke me up.

Fast foward to 3am - I heard him stirring and looked at him but i didnt get up panicking incase this worried him..so watching waiting he eventually pulled himself up (pain free) into a sit postion..at this point he was looking very worried himself as if to think "OMG I MOVED" slowley he stood up- turned round into a diff postion then litrally threw himself back down to ...I eventually dozed back off and we was all sleeping until 11.30am this morning when im glad to say hes much much better "touch wood" can move and strectch and do steps and climb on/off sofa without pain!!!

He is still a bit scared of moving and his taking it easy after his toliet break and his breakfast..He attacked the remote controll this morning which was laying on the floor beside the sofa! :laugh: So yep i think hopefully the boy is well on his way to recovery!! And hopefully before long will be back to his nagging,pestering,bouncy self :wub:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2pm update! -Another quickie

Delighted to say i went to the shop for a bottle of milk about half n hour ago came home to a very please to me "bouncing,wagging,streching Greyhound"

Will stick with my vets appt tomorrow and hopefully anymore treatment and xrays wont be needed...

I am slowley leaning towards the idea it could have been a smiple pulled muscle because the more rest he gets in one postion and stays still the better he seems to be after each rest :blush:)

Sending good thoughts for a bouncy Razor. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest ownedby2greys

Update - During the night Razor had 2 episodes of pain so in todays appointment the vet checked his neck ect and he cried out - so one more painkiller tonight and 9.15 in the morning hes booked in for an X-Ray on his neck/spine.. :(:( Vet wanted to XRay today but unfortunatly i had already fed him so tomorrow morning it is...please keep him in your thoughts .

Edited by ownedby2greys

Sending prayers and lots of white light!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest ownedby2greys

Vet found he has still in much pain around the neck when she did tests by turning his head..so he is in hospital at the mo..I have to ring them around 1pm to see when i can collect him :( :love:

When i left him he was shivering and shaking with his tail tucked under and looking total terrifed..poor little pansy :love: :love:

Finger crossed X Ray show nothing untowards.

Hurry Home Razor xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest ownedby2greys

X Ray results :

Not good news i'm afraid.

Razor has a piece of cartildge disalinged under his vertabre i think (sorry forpoo explanation i was just sheelshocked)..Anyways he has a disaligned cartildge under his vertabre which cannot be mended surgically. The specialst took a look at the X Rays and said he has never seen anything like it before!!

One day this peice of disaligned cartildge could "pop" which will cause Razor to be paralsyed on all 4 legs...which then of course it will be time to let him go.

This will never heal and cannot be fitted back into place so all he can do is have pain managment until if/when it does pop and enjoy life to the full.

I have been told to bed rest him for 2 weeks on pain killers which i am doing..he has another appt Monday to discuss the raod i take.

Basically long term as it stands is :

Option 1 = For life he will have this condition so painkillers - No jumping,no walks,no playing, no nothing just lieing down,wee,eat and back to lying down again.

Which could lessen the chance said cartlidge popping..Now we are talking for life here so that means he wont be able to playwith toys,jump,walk,greet Mummy,climb on sofa ect ect and could live to a grand old age without the thing popping and causing death.But bear in mind he wont be allowed to enjoy his life!!!

Or:

Option 2 = Let him do all the things he love inc playing,jumping up and down,climbing onto sofas having nice walks - all pain free due to painkiller but yet risk the thing popping sooner...Now sooner could mean next week - or even never...its basically a maybe/maybe not situation...

Now personally i dont know what to do...Me i think id rarther have him on painkillers and let him enjoy life..let him do things he loves pain free and risk it happenening sooner rather than laid up for the rest of his days not been allowed his freedom?????

The worst thing is not knowing when and even if this thing will pop and cause him to paralyse!!...Sorry bit of a rubbishly explained update but im in turmoil right...its unbelivable...I dont know what to do for the best.

Thanks for the kind thoughts....

Hugs to you. For what it's worth, I'd chime in on the side of letting him "live his good life" and let the chips fall where/when they may.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Is it possible he hurt his neck? Gidge was like that one time. She shakes her stuffies like crazy and pulled a muscle. I thought she was going to die.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Tough place to be. :(

FWIW, I read Patsy's and greyhoundlov's posts above and started nodding my head .... In your position I would probably treat as a neck/back strain -- anti-inflammatories and leash walking for 2-3 weeks and see how he does. And if he were back to himself on a maintenance dose of anti-inflam / painkillers, then I'd let him be a dog. I hope he has fun being one for many years yet.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.