Marty Is Home!

Guest Bocephus

Guest Bocephus

Well, two years of uncertainty about my job situation and one grueling week of waiting later, I finally got to bring Marty home last night.

We did decide on Marty, so I have to apologize to those of you that voted for the name Hershey in my dog name poll. We thought about it for awhile and almost went with a combination of the two names "Marshy." :P

I think his full name will be Marty Eliot Hershiser. Then you can call him anything you want. :lol

He and the cat had a relatively uneventful meeting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll just continue to ignore each other. The cat doesn't seem to put out with Marty, and Marty hasn't paid the cat any attention at all.

It took him all of 5 minutes to find his dog bed when we got home, although he did have some problems with his "form."

Not quite

Notquite.jpg

Ah, there we go

Therewego.jpg

He's currently trying to find the bottom of a peanut butter kong and we're going to keep working on our alone training all day. He vocalized quite a bit last night and I got no sleep. This must be really similar to bringing a baby home. I kept waking up at every little noise.

So far so good though. My biggest wish is just to do good by him. Marty is a really great dog and I couldn't be happier to have him home.

Edited by Bocephus

Guest Zombie

Congratulations.

I got mine 5 days ago and I have also had no problems with my cats and with my other dog and unlike you, mine sleeps all night without any problems (I know I'm lucky). He's been such a good dog so far I could not ask for a better GH.

Guest PhillyPups

I like the addition to your home, he is one stunning boy, and YOU NEED EACH OTHER. :wub::clap:clap:clap

:confetti:confetti WELCOME HOME MARTY HERSHEYKISSES :confetti:confetti

Guest amberj002

he is stunning, congratulations!!! The nights get easier...we had Nadia 2 or 3 nights and went and bought one of the bags for her tags so they weren't jingling all night, that made it better. Now I don't know if I don't hear her or if she doesn't move as much, but I don't have any problems sleeping. We got our first foster this week and it is the same thing, every move he makes it wakes me up. It will get better!!

Welcome home handsome!

Ah, the first night... sleepless and often makes you wonder if you should just send them back. Good thing that night 2 usually gets much better!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Congratulations!!!! :banana:pepper:banana:pepper

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

'Bout TIME!!!! Congratulations to you AND Marty!! I wanna come see him soon!! (I have a friend in g'belt with 2 greys so we should walk all 3 of them around the lake or something!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest bowiebears

Congratulations!

He is quite a stunner.

The first time is always the hardest! When our Dowland came to us, the first night he was a bit noisy, but only because he wanted someone to be with him. He couldn't do steps (and is still very neurotic about them 8 years later). So I spent the 1st night on the sofa next to him. The 2nd night, he slept like a baby, even tho he was the only one downstairs.

Again, congratulations to you and to Marty!