Good-bye Omar

Guest gs05wlw

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DeVon

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Omar, and understand the emptiness in your life. He was certainly a handsome boy. Sending you the gentlest of hugs from Kansas in your time of grief :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest gs05wlw

Thank you everyone for your support. I was amazed when I login to Greytalk and see so many replies. Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

This weekend, my husband and I are going to the kennel to see other greyhounds. We are not sure if we are ready to have another dog since we are still feeling so fragile at this time. However, I agree with “rsqdogsmom”. Since we have so much love for Omar, we should honor Omar by helping other poor greyhounds who do not have a home. I think Omar would be very happy to share our love with others.

Also, the purpose of my initial post is to remind everyone to enjoy the happy time with your dog(s), because you never know when you have to say good bye.

Take care everyone. Thank you for all your support. It is nice to know you have a place to share feelings … especially in a situation like this. Thanks!

Just a reminder that we are here in the good times too. We share in sorrow, but we rejoice in happiness too.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I shouldn't read these things at work. I am so sorry for your loss. Heaven must have needed another star in the sky. Omar's photos are lovely; he looked like such a sweet boy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry. My sympathy and prayers. Run free and forever healthy and young sweet Omar. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful boy. Remember, regret and guilt are human emotions only; Omar never faulted you for what you didn't do, he loved everything you did do, and loved you and your husband just for being his humans. He knew he was loved; that's all they really want.

Peace to you and your husband as continue on your journey of healing, as Omar helps guide the perfect hound to your hearts. :f_red

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

We lost our very special girl on March 1st, and we still don't feel like we're able to go on. I know if it weren't for these 5 dogs, I would have most definitely not been able to keep going.

Omar is so handsome. I am so sorry that things happened the way they did. Bless you for loving this boy and giving him an awesome life.

I"m so very sorry to read of your loss.

Are you in OH? If so, I remember when Omar's dad used to post here and when he first joined your family. I'm so sad to hear of his passing. :(

Omar was so loved by both of you....I"m sorry your time together was so short.

Much sympathy to you both

Aonia i Mnimi

You've written the most beautiful tribute anyone could have. I'm sorry your beloved had to leave so suddenly and so soon.

Godspeed, Omar.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest gs05wlw
Are you in OH? If so, I remember when Omar's dad used to post here and when he first joined your family. I'm so sad to hear of his passing. :(

Yes, that is my husband. He used to be posting about Omar religiously when we first got him. It was truly a joy. I can't believe how fast I fall in love with Omar. My parents were wondering what happened, because I was so afraid of dogs. Thinking back makes me wonder if I would do things differently if I know we only would have about 4 years time with him. Sometimes I wonder if he really knew we love him with all our hearts?

Before Omar was gone, I told him that we love him and he can come to visit us anytime. The strange thing is none of us have dreamed about Omar since. I was hoping that I could at least see him in my dream, but nope! He never comes. One time my husband even asked me if it is because Omar is upset with us that we let him go, otherwise why we never see him in our dreams.

I remember the first time I saw the move "Best in Show". I was laughing so hard and wonder who would love a "DOG" like this. It is ridiculous. A few months later, I become one of the characters in the movie. I remember I actually cried when the first time we sent Omar to the daycare one day since we have to Baptist our niece that day. That was a joke that my husband tells people all the time. :P

Omar has touched so many peoples' hearts. It is so true that everyone who met him fell in love with him immediately. Our neighbor (who is a cat lover) actually donated some money to the Greyhound Adoption of Ohio with Omar's name. They are also very sad that Omar is no longer with us.

Sorry for my long posting. I can't stop every time when I write about Omar. I really hope that he is in a good place and happy. The unknown feeling also bothers me a little bit when I think of it. This is just awful! :(

Edited by gs05wlw

So, yes I have met you and Omar and your DH. Remember--he was nice and came and picked me up at my sister's and I visited with you all!

One time my husband even asked me if it is because Omar is upset with us that we let him go, otherwise why we never see him in our dreams.

He will come to you or send you a sign in time. He is not upset with you.

There is a pet cemetary in Macedonia that is beautiful! My Chrissy is there and I hope to get up there & add a few this year. It's so beautiful and peaceful. People can be buried there if they are cremated.

Sending hugs. I hope Omar picks out someone very special for you.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Yes, that is my husband. He used to be posting about Omar religiously when we first got him. It was truly a joy. I can't believe how fast I fall in love with Omar. My parents were wondering what happened, because I was so afraid of dogs. Thinking back makes me wonder if I would do things differently if I know we only would have about 4 years time with him. Sometimes I wonder if he really knew we love him with all our hearts?

Before Omar was gone, I told him that we love him and he can come to visit us anytime. The strange thing is none of us have dreamed about Omar since. I was hoping that I could at least see him in my dream, but nope! He never comes. One time my husband even asked me if it is because Omar is upset with us that we let him go, otherwise why we never see him in our dreams.

I remember the first time I saw the move "Best in Show". I was laughing so hard and wonder who would love a "DOG" like this. It is ridiculous. A few months later, I become one of the characters in the movie. I remember I actually cried when the first time we sent Omar to the daycare one day since we have to Baptist our niece that day. That was a joke that my husband tells people all the time. :P

Omar has touched so many peoples' hearts. It is so true that everyone who met him fell in love with him immediately. Our neighbor (who is a cat lover) actually donated some money to the Greyhound Adoption of Ohio with Omar's name. They are also very sad that Omar is no longer with us.

Sorry for my long posting. I can't stop every time when I write about Omar. I really hope that he is in a good place and happy. The unknown feeling also bothers me a little bit when I think of it. This is just awful! :(

Oh, it is that Omar I remember so well. :( I am so sad. I've sent you a PM....I think you have enough posts now that you should be able to see it.

Again, my deepest sympathies.

Godspeed, Omar

Guest gs05wlw

:ig UPDATES - :airmail

We went to the kennel this morning to visit the dogs. We were not sure if we are ready to have a new dog. However, we think we have connected with a female greyhound, who is so sweet and playful. This was such a joyful and painful trip. My tears could not stop coming out from my eyes at the beginning when I saw these dogs. I remember so clearly when we met Omar the first time. I was so afraid, because some of them barked a lot. It seems like just yesterday. Who would think Omar would leave us after 4 years.

Tonight, we had dinner with some friends. One of their dogs was Omar's best friend. They have 3 greyhounds, and it was very nice to have the opportunity playing with them tonight. It was a little bit sad, because I was not able stop thinking I wish Omar could be here with us just like before.

Anyway, we are looking forward to our "Living with the Greyhounds Chapter 2". I have to clean up the house and get everything ready. This time we are going to have two dogs, so there are some preparations before bringing them home. In one way, I am glad that we have made the move to the next step. On the other hand, I am afraid of the two dogs will keep us so busy that we will think less of Omar later. I am very confused and torn ... it's like you want to move on but you are scare to move on. It's very wired! :blink:

Edited by gs05wlw

Guest how888

What a beautiful tribute and pictures of your beloved angel. I can relate in many ways since my Howie had a perfect check up at the vets on a Thursday and was gone Tuesday. So fast like a thief in the night. He was so young.Tears flowed til I had to go to the E.R. I couldn't quit crying, couldn't sleep, eat just felt like you did. One day I was on the computer looking at this site and greyhounds. My computer froze to this beautiful little face with the name Unacustomed.It had never froze before!! A sign from Howie I'm sure. Now my Unacustomed is named Nike and he has given us life again. Just believe Omar is only a rainbow away and we will all meet n greet one more time, 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Linda and Nike :f_red:f_red:gh_lay Godspeed Omar

Guest gs05wlw
Just believe Omar is only a rainbow away and we will all meet n greet one more time, 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

Thank you for your beautiful words. Yes, I look forward to seeing Omar again over the Rainbow Bridge. At this time, my husband and I are just trying to get our lives together and move on. I think getting two dogs in the house might help. ~ Take care!

Guest darlene

God bless you and your husband for loving Omar enough to open up your broken hearts to help 2 more hounds get a forever home. What a wonderful tribute to Omar! Run free sweet boy! :gh_run:f_red:f_red