Sudden Loss Of Matt

Guest auntiesara

Guest sjarp

Oh Sara and Charlie, I cried when I read this! I can't believe it! Such a beautiful dog and so sweet when we met on our walks in Woburn and York. I am thinking of you today, and hoping you can take comfort in your other pets and in each other, and in the fact that you made Matt's life wonderful. Hugs, Sara (and Gabe, Adam, Gabriella and Max).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh guys :grouphug I am so sorry

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest auntiesara

Thanks to everyone for their kind messages. We just can't believe Matt is gone. We keep remembering special things he did. He got so excited going to visit Grandma that he would stand on her porch and take his front paw and knock on her door-one or two loud bangs. He had a longer foot than a Grey-a hare foot rather than a cat foot. If he got bored in the house he would hook things like a pile of books left on the floor with his paw to get my attention. We know we have to take special walks with his siblings but it's so hard to be holding one less leash...

Sara

Sara and Charlie,

I'm so sorry to hear about Matt. Sometimes the quick departures are so much harder to take. Austin and Rosie :angelwings will be there to great him and show him around.

:bighug:f_pink:weep

All who have met him will miss him.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest PattyZim

:(:( I am so sorry to read this post. I met you a few times on those greyhound walks in Massachusetts. You never know what life has in store for us. I was so impressed on what you went through to adopt Matt. He was one very lucky dog & I'm sure he knew how much he was loved. We will miss him on the walks.

Patty & Zim

Sara and Charlie,

I only just read about Matt today - Jim and I are truly sorry for your loss.

Matt was such a lovely, sweet dog and we always enjoyed seeing him on

our beach walks in York. We know how devastated and lost you must be

feeling and there are no words to say other than we hope you find some

peace and comfort for your heartache. There is sadness here for what

you are going thru and for the passing of such a special dog.

Mary

:f_white:f_pink:f_red

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest auntiesara

We try to keep involved with our usual activities. Today was the first Greyhound Sunday Morning Walk without him. Sadie is visibly depressed. We're searching the internet for sighthound mixes and Greys whose career was hunting rather than racing since we believe Matt would want us to chose somebody like him. I never thought to ask him to send me a sign since we didn't realise he couldn't be saved, but I keep looking and listening......Again it does help to know we have friends on GT who we will never meet in person as well as friends from his walks in MA and ME.

Sara