Sudden Loss Of Matt

Guest auntiesara

I am so sorry for the loss of one of your best friends.

God speed, sweet boy!

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TuxedoHound

So sorry to read about Matt! He sounded like one very happy hound and I'm sure there will be a big empty space now that he is gone. Sadie, Cairo and I are sending lost of healing thoughts your way! :grouphugf_yellow

Guest how888

I was so sad to hear about this.You and Charlie have my heartfelt sympathy. I know you believe that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" we will all meet n greet one more time. I have my 2 urns and I know how you feel. Godspeed sweet Matt. :f_red:f_red:f_red:grouphug Linda and Nike

Guest auntiesara

Thanks for the comforting words. Today was a bad day. We went to our Holistic vet with the three surviving sisters. Dr.R loved Matt very much. Tina Mare, our Rottie-Lab-Springer, was the only one who understood when she saw Matt's body in the car. Charlie had to take me back to W. Topsham VT before driving(with no sleep fpr 2 nights) to the Crematorium in Foxboro Ma ,so we brought his sisters out to the car at 3 AM. All the other Angels were PTS inICU or in their own car without their siblings.

Sadie told Dr R that she missed her brother and feels sad. She believes he is lost and we will find him. She tried to help Sadie and told her that the Angels took Matt. We plan to visit an Animal Communicator. Our Tango has been very upset even before Matt passed. She was terribly abused until age 1 1/2. She is now 12. I have tried Prozac for Tango as well as holistic support and she has seen Dr Nicholas Dodman at Tufts, who is well respected in animal psychiatry.

On top of all of this I had an emergency tooth extraction on Wed and then either had heat exhaustion or something else and almost fell down my cellar stairs with the laundry basket on Sat. Today I have a splitting headache which is unusual for me.

I couldn't stop crying today and one of my customers, a Border Terrier cancer survivor, was very worried and tried to help me. I tried to explain to him that I love him very much but my mamma's boy was gone. I guess the shock is less and I'm feeling my feelings more.

I can't say enough that having GT helps-I know you do understand.

I wonder if Matt sent me a perfumey smell instead of a rainbow or wind chimes. I got home from work late and spent time on the phone with a woman with a 14 yo Grey with a broken leg questioning when to put him to sleep. The smell isn't fabric softener or any cosmetic thing that I use and my only flowers are cyber flowers......The odd thing is I tend toward allergies and believe I have a poor sense of smell....

Sara

Edited by auntiesara

Sara, it was so easy to see that Matt adored you. Knowing you were feeling so

much anguish, it wouldn't surprise me one bit that he would try to send you a

sign that he was ok and looking after you, Charlie and his sisters.

These are rough days for you (and many of us here on GreyTalk know exactly the

heartbreak you are feeling). Let us help in any way we can.

Mary

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy