Bridge Angels For March 2012

macoduck

Saying goodbye to the beautiful greyhounds and their friends who left us in March 2012. As you run with the wind send a caress to wipe our tears.

Gone but never forgotten. Loved forever. Run free with those who have gone before you. Greet all those that will follow.

Dino

Dawn

Lexi

Cody

Gabe

Booker

Bert

Alex

Lure

Berkeley

Knuckles

Ben

Meeka

Elmo, the kitty

Jamison, the afghan

Ava

Yankee

Will

Jamison, the afghan

Maxie, the english setter

Asia

Gunner

Tuffin

Payton

Honey, the corgi

Izzy

Cezanne

Hennessey

Mighty

Faster

Bell Walker and Bugsy

They'll always be with us, just slightly beyond the point that we can see with our eyes. In our heart, though, they'll be seen loud and clear, as they always were.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Our friends Gale and Tony, who lost three dogs in January, lost another grey today. That is four dogs in about two months. So sad. This is her email.

Once again I am writing to tell you of the passing of another of our sweet

hounds. Cody was set free today to join her brothers and sisters waiting

for us at the bridge. I'm sure she was greeted by a large crowd of the

Tereszcuk kids and Linda, a special friend, who was responsible for Cody

joining our family.

Cody was a daddy's girl from the day she walked in our door and remained

that way until her last breath. Although we both held her and whispered in

her ear, it was Tony's arms that she leaned into and slipped away.

We'll never forget the day Cody decided to take a walk down the main drag

in Dewey looking for her dad. He had the nerve to take her brothers and

sisters for a walk on the beach before taking her. She decided to let

herself out of the gate to go look for him. She didn't find him, but after a 6

hour round trip car ride, he found her and was able to bring her back home.

He learned his lesson and from that day forward, she was always the first

to go for walks with her dad.

Although our hearts are breaking again, we have many happy memories of

daddy's girl and we are at peace knowing that it was her time.

Hug your hounds and give kisses in memory of our special girl.

Kiowa Alvia Cody 129C - 85878

Gale, Tony and Courtney

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Would you please add "Lure" to the list of March bridge babies. I haven't posted yet ... but yesterday (3/11/12) I had to say goodbye to my sweet former racer and former resident pet blood bank donor. Lure clearly had a hard luck life (through no fault of his own). He was just two weeks shy of his 11th b'day. :cry1

Lure was one of those plain, black nondescript dogs that no one seemed to want. Despite the fact that he peed all over my house and had no clue as to how to exist on the "outside," he spent his final two years with me and two hound roommates. He had a yard to run in, a soft bed to sleep in, and a full tummy every night - not to mention lots and lots of love. :heart

I loved Lure very much and I am heartbroken. My silly little black dog.

Lure sounds like a very special boy. Thank you for making his final years happy and comfortable.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Can you please add my Payton, Flying Payton 5/9/00-3/18/12. I haven't made a remberence post yet.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Would appreciate it if you would add Hennessey to the list. She was one of my fosters, adopted by folks who became close friends of mine and with whom I always exchanged dog-sitting. I adopted Neyla right after Hennessey was adopted and the two of them became fast friends. She died suddenly and unexpectedly. :cry1

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Our sweet boy Faster (Cmon Faster, 1998-2012) went to the Bridge on March 13, 2012.

Can you please add him to the March list of Bridge Angels?

I kept thinking I would be able to post something in Remembrance in March, but that doesn't seem to have come together just yet. :brokenheart

We love you, Big Guy!

Carol and Mark (Dog_Daddy)

Janet (Slatex Janet) and Murray (Where's One Arm)

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.