Pet Armor Plus At Walmart

Guest vjba73

Guest vjba73

I just saw that Walmart has a flea medication called Pet Armor Plus that is supposed to be the same difference as Frontline Plus for less. Has anyone tried this yet? Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks in advance.

Guest GryffinSong

I heard about this a couple of days ago and just picked some up yesterday because my dogs happened to be due for their doses. I applied it today, so will let you know how it goes. Ticks are FIERCE right now, so I'm sure I'll know soon whether it's working.

Guest avadogner

I just saw the ad today and was wondering how well it works. I swear Frontline hasn't been working as well since it went OTC. I just reordered 6 months worth my two from our online pet pharmacy. I get a better price on line especially with the 20% off discounts. It's always flea and tick season in Alabama so if the generic is just as effective then I can use help with pet meds! We are spending thousands on Augie's broken hock so sign me up if it's grey safe and just as effective!

I did some research on this and found that it is made in India, which may or may not be a concern. I think I will continue to use Frontline Plus on Sherri as I know she has never had a reaction to it.

I might, however, try the cat version on my two outside cats.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

If Frontline isn't working well then it seems unlikely a generic version would be any better. At the same time, why pay more for a product that is not longer that effective. Still, I've decided to stick with Advantage &/or Frontline spray for the occasions we need flea/tick control products.

Not sure how accurate the info I got is, but my vet told me that all those online pet pharmacies and such DO NOT have to contain what's supposed to be on the box. Only your vet gets them and are guaranteed Frontline, etc. I've been using Frontline for two years now and only found 3 fleas on him. :blush Knock on wood!

With that said, my vet also MATCHES prices of said online pharmacies which is just as good. Ask your vet about it...

Guest avadogner

I haven't had flea issues with Ava since it went OTC. My speculation of less effective is based on Augie but I just realized we have only had him since Frontline went OTC. It may be Augie's body chemistry instead of Frontline. I should have considered that too. Ava has been on it years and is free of fleas. She spends less time outside compaired tl Augie so there are more factors to consider.

As a medical professional, I don't buy into class effect. I know drugs in a class have almost identical ingredients but to not interfere with patents, they change or add something to make Their product different. That tiny difference can make one med better than others that "do the same thing". Perhaps an experiment will be done when I get more info on this generic. ;)

-ava and augie's mum

Guest momofevie

Picked up the Pet Armor over the weekend, but Evie isn't dur for another week or so. Will be following this thread closely.

Guest vjba73

Well, I ordered some from Walmart.com over the weekend, b/c the stores around here have been out of stock every time I go! We've been satisfied w/F.Plus, so I'm hoping this works just as well. Curious to see how it well it works for everyone down the road...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sc1911cwp

I believe there is enough information online about meds for pets and place of manufacture that is reputable and reliable that disputes what Vets perpetuate. There is a large financial reason for them to state otherwise. It increases profit. However, buy what you want and where you want. It your money.

I have to add-- I know at our practice there is little to no profit on selling frontline-- we carry it and sell it to our clients because we know were it was manufactured and how it was shipped, stores etc.. There is no profit motivation involved-- however, can't speak for other clinics.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I get my Frontline for cost plus 10% at work; I'll have to see if this is cheaper. So far we have been lucky and only need to Frontline about 3 months out of every year; but any money saved is always nice!

Guest mom2hounds

I used Pet Armor on my 3 last month right before they were kenneled for 5 days. I haven't seen any fleas or ticks yet. I would use it again.

Guest greybookends

I bought the PetArmour about 2-3 weeks ago and so far no problems.

I tend to be very leary of OTC flea products as I had one send my GSD into seizures years ago.

So far I can say I would use Pet Armour again.

I think I applied frontline plus to my hounds once last year and that was before Dewey. I haven't had a flea or a tick in years but, I know it's only because I have been lucky-- I do know I'm playing with the devil--flea infestation is a nightmare!

Guest greybookends

Greyaholic...tell me more about the lavender baby powder!

I just did a google search on lavender and it is listed as an insect repellent! I am going to have to look into this. It definitely smells better than topicals and would be less messy. I do worry about the aroma therepy though. If these guys get any more relaxed they just might stop breathing! :lol

I haven't had flea issues with Ava since it went OTC. My speculation of less effective is based on Augie but I just realized we have only had him since Frontline went OTC. It may be Augie's body chemistry instead of Frontline. I should have considered that too. Ava has been on it years and is free of fleas. She spends less time outside compaired tl Augie so there are more factors to consider.

As a medical professional, I don't buy into class effect. I know drugs in a class have almost identical ingredients but to not interfere with patents, they change or add something to make Their product different. That tiny difference can make one med better than others that "do the same thing". Perhaps an experiment will be done when I get more info on this generic. ;)

-ava and augie's mum

annie is always picking up ticks, felix- rarely and they walk side by side...i agree w/ you it must be the body chemistry.i haven't tried adding brewer's yeast to annie's food, but often vit b complex helps in not attracting insects...so they say.

While Pet Armor is advertised as being the same product as Frontline, only the active ingredients (Fipronil and S-Methoprene) are the same. The rest is not, as Frontline is still patent protected. My concern is that the carrier (what disperses the product into the sebaceous glands and hair follicles and keeps it active for a month) is different than the carrier that is in Frontline. So its effectiveness isn't completely known as this protect hasn't been on the market very long. It may turn out to be a great product, but I think the commercials are very misleading when they display a box that looks almost identical to Frontline's box, and people are thinking it's 100% the same product. I just think that everyone should have the full information and make a decision from there.

Sounds like this will be pulled soon as they are infringing on the frontline plus patent, according to today's news.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.