Wal Mart $4 Prescriptions

Okay, it looks like I can get some of Shanti's medicine at Wal-mart. How does this work? I took my kids over there when we did not have insurance coverage and it was a lot more than $4. Although the medicine was on their $4 list, I am guessing the amount needed was higher than they did for $4.

Is there a trick I am missing? How do they process it for a dog? Would it just be Shanti Smith?

The Girls

Guest LittleGreys

I got an RX of Prozac (generic) for my Italian Greyhound there a couple months ago. Yes, they just put it under the dog's name. It was only for 30 pills, so my guess is they only do a month or so at a time. I ended up not giving it to my dog, so never went back for the refills. I have had several RXs filled at Wal-Mart for my animals. Not all are for the $4 though. I was paying a fortune for Munchie's Imuran until I found it elsewhere for VERY cheap.

They have always been very nice about filling my pets meds. At the vet office where I work, we call a good number of prescriptions in to various pharmacies for our clients.

I get tramadol there for the "kids" and it's $4

For your human kids, if the medication was on their list, you should have received it for $4--wonder why you didn't?

It was Amoxicillian. I think they needed 450ml which was greater than their amount listed. It cost me $40.

Tramadol is what I am looking at. Do I just have the vet write a script for the amount listed for the $4?

The Girls

Guest IndysDad

I use Wal-Mart for Indy's Enalapril and Furosemide prescriptions..

I had my vet write the prescriptions for 30 pills (each script), refillable 12 times(each script) and off to Wally World we went to get them filled ; My pill bottles show my last name, indy's name and K-9 for the patient...all in all no problem to get filled and you can order refills online too :)

In Ohio, we don't pay sales tax on prescriptions, so Indy's meds are $4.00 out the door...I'm really very happy with the price and service I've had with our local Wally World.

Just to add....the $4.00 prescriptions are for a 30 day supply, so that's why I had my vet write the scripts the way he did.

HTH

Guest greyladydown

For your human kids, if the medication was on their list, you should have received it for $4--wonder why you didn't?

It was Amoxicillian. I think they needed 450ml which was greater than their amount listed. It cost me $40.

Tramadol is what I am looking at. Do I just have the vet write a script for the amount listed for the $4?

Yes, that's what you need your vet to do. I'm getting a script for Prozac for one of our special needs boys tomorrow from my vet and I'll have to bring her the sheet with dosages and amounts so she can write the script accordingly.

Yes, that's what you need your vet to do. I'm getting a script for Prozac for one of our special needs boys tomorrow from my vet and I'll have to bring her the sheet with dosages and amounts so she can write the script accordingly.

Good idea to bring the list in to the vet! We go back on Thursday...

The Girls

Guest jurygirl

We get Courtney's Cephalexin from Target's $4 list. They have it for 250mg and 500mg's on the list and she ended up needing 750 mg's , so I had my vet write a script for 250 and 500 mg's so we get it for her for $8.00. It has her name and "K9" as a middle name on the bottle.

At Sam's CLub, generics are $4 for a 30-day supply or $6 for a 90-day supply. You may want to check pricing for 90-day supplies.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

No catches... the drugs are safe and effective... they are no different than what your vet would prescribe. The prescriptions are not all for a 30 day supply... it depends on teh drug and the animal's dose. Either way it is a nice savings!

This is not at all like an on-line pharmacy where I think legitimate concerns can exist!!!

No catches... the drugs are safe and effective... they are no different than what your vet would prescribe. The prescriptions are not all for a 30 day supply... it depends on teh drug and the animal's dose. Either way it is a nice savings!

This is not at all like an on-line pharmacy where I think legitimate concerns can exist!!!

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

We just picked up Specky's script from Wal Mart tonight! She got 60 500mg cephalexin and it cost me $8. They said that it was double the $4 price due to the number of pills she needed.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest Bodie

I get Bodie's heart medication at Walmart - OSU calls it in for me to my local Walmart in PA. I have been paying $4.00 for a month's supply - regular cost would be approximately $75.00 a month - at least that was what it was at CVS. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but, Thank Goodness for Walmart!

in my area, Hannaford SUpermarkets alos offers inexpensive Rx's, I think $4.

My sister was telling me about it for all her heart meds.

Unfortunatly for me, no close Hannafords or Wally worlds.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest Tenderhearts
I use Wal-Mart for Indy's Enalapril and Furosemide prescriptions..

I had my vet write the prescriptions for 30 pills (each script), refillable 12 times(each script) and off to Wally World we went to get them filled ; My pill bottles show my last name, indy's name and K-9 for the patient...all in all no problem to get filled and you can order refills online too :)

Same here, the enalapril and furosemide for Raven.

As Bill said, they aren't all 30 day supplies. They have a list where you can find what meds are on it and how much at what strength. Either way, it is likely still a savings.

Ryan's enapril is $11 or 12 at the vet for 100 pills. I just need to let them know 2 weeks in advance that he needs a refill that way we get an entire bottle, not what is left of another one until the new bottle comes in :)

Guest Tenderhearts
Okay, I printed the list to take tomorrow. Why can't I find Tramadol? Is it under another name? Or have I taken suddenly stupid???? :lol:

I just checked my list (just printed it out last week) and don't see tramadol listed under the $4 meds.

I heard it (Tramadol) might have been taken off the list... not 100% certain on that. You can call the pharmacy directly and ask though.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

Guest dmboynt

I work in a Wal Mart Pharmacy. There is really no catch, and anyone can get a $4 prescription including pets. We have lots of pets that get all kinds of meds.

Guest dmboynt
Where can I find this list of covered meds?

You can get it on walmart.com, or go to your local Wal Mart pharmacy and ask for a list. We keep a bunch printed up