Lovely Pumba

montgomery2524

We had to say goodbye to Pumba this morning. Pumba had a heart of gold that was as big as all outdoors. Unfortunately that heart was no longer able to take care of him.

Some of you may remember Pumba from a raffle Alisha did about a year ago. Or you may remember pictures from his 14th birthday party. Pumba came into our lives on May 30, 2004. His then owners decided to have him put down and fortunately the vet did not follow their wishes and convinced them to give him up to GFNC. We picked him up that day and he never looked back.

He was a big goofy boy with the biggest feet you ever saw. When he "ran" in the backyard he looked like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, all elbows and feet. He had a comfy bed in every room and plenty of people to hug and love him. Both Rick and I will miss him terribly as will his brother Miles and sisters Jasmine & Maggie-Mae. We know he has no pain now and is running like the champ he has always been. Run fast Pumba! We love you Sweet Boy!

7e55cc2f61518a88c17c97378c936c93.jpg

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest Billy_thundersmom

I am so sorry for your loss. I bet Pumba was never so grateful as he was to you and your family for making his last years his best years.

God Speed, sweet Pumba. f_yellow

Goodbye, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My sweet Pumba! :cry1

pumbapeeking_jpg.jpg

pumbaposing_jpg.jpg

And...my favorite...his funny way of sleeping!

pumbaears2_jpg.jpg

Run free sweet old man! :heart

Edited by 2hounds

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest BrockGusDad

I am so sorry, yet happy that you gave him over a year that would never have been.

Goodspeed, now- young again, Pumba.....

Godspeed, precious Pumba... Join our beloved Bridge angels and run like the wind. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I remember Pumba! I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed sweet baby. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Farewell Beautiful, sweet one!

We will miss you very much!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. What a precious boy. God bless you for giving him a wonderful family and home in his later years.

I bought some cards from the auction, so I see his picture every day at work.

Godspeed sweet Pumba. You will always be loved.

Edited by argolola

Guest OnecoRose
We had to say goodbye to Pumba this morning. Pumba had a heart of gold that was as big as all outdoors. Unfortunately that heart was no longer able to take care of him.

Some of you may remember Pumba from a raffle Alisha did about a year ago. Or you may remember pictures from his 14th birthday party. Pumba came into our lives on May 30, 2004. His then owners decided to have him put down and fortunately the vet did not follow their wishes and convinced them to give him up to GFNC. We picked him up that day and he never looked back. 

He was a big goofy boy with the biggest feet you ever saw. When he "ran" in the backyard he looked like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, all elbows and feet. He had a comfy bed in every room and plenty of people to hug and love him. Both Rick and I will miss him terribly as will his brother Miles and sisters Jasmine & Maggie-Mae. We know he has no pain now and is running like the champ he has always been. Run fast Pumba! We love you Sweet Boy!

1503796[/snapback]

Guest OnecoRose

1503796[/snapback]

I know how you will miss your angel. God speed

Oh what a dear and precious boy. Run free sweetheart...run to our Angels. My deepest sympathy...It just hurts so bad. :( You made Pumba's life happy and complete...until you meet again...hold on to precious memories...I am so sorry. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.