Remembrance

Guest tracy

Guest tracy

It's been almost 4 weeks now since we lost our sweet Pilot. The grief is overwhelming and reading all the posts here has made me come to realize I'm not losing it, for this grieving process will take along time. There aren't enough words to describe my sorrow. I only know that talking about his passing with friends helps. "Pi" was only 6, a healthy happy guy that made me laugh outloud on a daily basis. He was known as the wild boy at the reunions. He was just so happy, his face always smiling. In January I noticed he wasn't acting right and was becoming very head shy. He would cry when you touched the left side of his head.We went to 3 vets in acourse of 24 hours the day he became really sick. Diagnosis Eosinophalic Myositis. His frontal muscles in his head were dying. Mostly seen in Goldens not common in Greys, but mine had it. We tryed for weeks with 60mgs of predisone to get him better. When we lowered the dose he would relapse in great pain. Alas nothing could be done, he quit eating on March 15th and looked at me with those big black eyes and I could see he was telling me mom I've had enough. Pi laid down on his blanket at the Vets and never looked up or got up again. He runs with the angels now, his time with me was to short.He loved me and I adored him. How lucky I've been to experience the joy of Pilot. Every time a tear falls it's all for the love of Pilot. I miss him so much. His pain is gone but mine is here and it hurts.

Tracy

Guest BrockGusDad
... How lucky I've been to experience the joy of Pilot. Every time a tear falls it's all for the love of Pilot. I miss him so much. His pain is gone but mine is here and it hurts.

Tracy

1372585[/snapback]

Tracy, you so eloquently express your love as well as your pain. I hope you are keeping a journal of your thoughts. It really helps, trust me.

Guest tracy
... How lucky I've been to experience the joy of Pilot. Every time a tear falls it's all for the love of Pilot. I miss him so much. His pain is gone but mine is here and it hurts.

Tracy

1372585[/snapback]

Tracy, you so eloquently express your love as well as your pain. I hope you are keeping a journal of your thoughts. It really helps, trust me.

1372665[/snapback]

Thank you for your post, I will keep a journal starting right now. Good idea.

Tracy

My heart aches for you, losing your precious boy all too early. :brokenheart:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest DogGone

Tracy - I am so sorry for your loss. Remember, even though Pilot is not physically with you, I can tell by your post that he will always be a part of you. Thank you for sharing your memories of him - he sounds like a very special boy. :grouphug

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy to you and I'm glad you found us here on greytalk.It's never easy to say goodbye to our beloved friends but I beleive Pilot is free of pain now, running through beautiful fields of daisies with all of our loved ones. 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow" I beleive we will all meet n greet one more time . I hope Pilot sends you a sign soon and your memories bring you comfort at this sad time in your life. I feel your pain and hurt with and for you.Just know we are here day and night on this site.Godspeed sweet angel.Just know he is running with the best up there. :f_red:f_red:f_red:grouphug

Edited by how888

I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad right now, but it will get better, just a little bit at a time. You will start to smile when you think about Pilot and all the love you have shared, you will still cry but there is no time limit on grief. Remember the wonderful times you shared and know that Pilot will always live on in your heart. As you say Pilot is running free now and I hope that my bridge kids have had the honour of meeting him. Hugs to you :grouphug:grouphug:f_pink

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest ShelbysMom

Tracy, you say that every time a tear falls it is for the love of Pilot. Well, I have a lot of tears falling for him now.

Run free sweet Pilot. :f_pink

Tracy, I'm so sorry. You loved Pilot so much, that's obvious, and he loved you, too. He will always be with you in your heart. :bighug

It's so hard to see them suffer, but you gave him the best gift, and you gave it with love, even though it broke your heart to give it. Marion lost a dog to what sounds like the very same thing - a GSD called Gos. It broke her heart, too.

Time will ease the pain. Run free and pain free, Pilot. :f_pink

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest fastdogs

I'm very sorry for your loss. It hurts so much when they leave us. The pain will subside, but the memories are forever.

Run free sweet Pilot.

:f_white

I am so sorry. :(:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.