Sheba

Guest Greytmom

Guest Greytmom

Sheba passed away at 11:00 this morning. She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in December. She had been doing well up until a few days ago. She began eating less and less until she stopped eating anything at all. I had hoped we would make it to next week but this morning we knew it was time. Our vet was kind enough to come over to the house. We took Sheba for a short walk and then got her into bed and covered her in her Circle of Grey Healing Blanket.

Sheba was an amazing dog. She was so friendly... she didn't know the meaning of the word stranger. She was such a great ambassadog. She went to meet n greets, came with me on home visits, helped me look for lost dogs. When I took her to home visits I would ask the people what kind of dog they wanted. The response was always the same, they wanted a dog just like Sheba. She was a big leaner and had no issues climbing into anyones lap.

She was a total clown. When we first adopted her she learned to jump our fence to go visit with the neighbors. Her first visit to my in-laws she jumped on their kitchen table during breakfast. She ate the corner off my bridal shower cake. She was a big counter surfer and stole everything from loaves of bread to a steak. She was our boxers best friend. She was so gentle with our newborn. I am glad she got to meet the new baby but devastated that they won't be able to spend more time together.

She would have been 11 this summer. We only had her for two and a half short years. She was and always will be my heart dog.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew when I saw the name -- the beautiful girl in the suitcase. My heart goes out to you.

Sheba, fare thee well in your new life over the bridge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow Run free, Sheba. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry. What beautiful memories and pictures you have.

God speed Sheba. :f_pink:gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am SO very sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful girl. She looked and sounds like such a wonderful girl. Maybe there were too many babies that needed love, and so she was called to help out.

I am SO SORRY. Please know that she will ALWAYS be with you. God Speed, Sheba.

:f_pink

Guest greytgreys

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss

:gh_runner free sweet Sheba

the pictures of Sheba are beautiful, she had such a sweet and inocent look and well the icture in the suitcase is wonderful.

She will be waiting at the bridge for her family.

I am so very sorry that you have had to endure. I have tears from readng what you wrote and then the beautiful pictures of her

:bighug I know that words can not even begin to help heal your :brokenheart

Many healing thoughts coming your way.. and prayers to help ease your loss

nicole

Guest Jengonetothedogs

Our hearts ache with yours. What a funny, beautiful, special girl. Run with the wind, Sheba, and don't make too much of a mess by the bridge while you're waiting for momma to come home!

Greytmom: :grouphug

Guest DogGone

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful memorial to a lovely girl and a really special relationship. I know she is watching from the bridge and will be so happy to see you again someday. :angelwings

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. Sheba and her pictures have always been so special to me and dear to my heart. Run free sweetheart...there is a huge group of Angels waiting to show you around the Bridge. Godspeed Sheba and bless her family during this most difficult time. :f_pink:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What beautiful pictures of a very special greyhound. She looked extremely happy and content and you can see that she knew she was loved and cared for. The time we are given with these loving creatures is far too short. A life time would not be enough. I hope your heartache will ease and you find comfort in the memories and photos.

Mary

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. I am sitting here crying my eyes out for you and for Sheba. What a precious girl.

A special angel arrived in heaven yesterday. Sheba, you will always be loved.

Sheba with the baby

Maggie%20and%20Sheba.jpg

1275013[/snapback]

That's truly a photo in a million.

I'm very sorry to hear of Sheba's passing :cry1:f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest shadesofgrey

Run free sweet Sheba. She'll be watching down on you and the baby from the bridge. She can run and run and run now over the bridge where "suitcase beds" abound!

I think everyone here remember's those pictures :) ...Sheba will be very much missed. I'm so very sorry :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I am so very sorry, the pictures of Sheba are just adorable and so precious, she may have only been with you a short while, but she clearly left her mark on your heart. Bless you Sheba, you are now free to run again :f_pink:grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT