We Lost Our Fight Last Night

Guest Sara

I can't even believe I'm writing this. It is with tremendous grief and sadness that I have to tell you, we lost Hank last night. From the day I got him, I started dreading the day I would have to say goodbye, little did I know, it would be so soon. I only had him 2 1/2 years..........way too short. As many of you know, he started having seizures last April. We have battled them and battled them and finally the "invisible monster" won. As I type this, I am waiting for him to come in and nudge my arm with his nose, or stick his head on my leg. He was a HUGE momma's boy, and my heartdog. He was my first grey and came into my life when I really was struggling. He was there for me many times while I cried, always a strong silent force I could count on. In fact, his baby sister Chey, who now is confused, was brought into our home for him. I loved him so much, I wanted him to be even happier so I got him a sister and a buddy. Please, everyone do me a favor and go hug your puppers go let them know how much you love them. I didn't know the last time I took him for a walk, would be the last, I didn't know the last time I tucked him into bed would be the last. I feel such an enormous emptiness. I keep thinking he's somewhere like the vet or a friends and I just need to go pick him up and bring him home. Right now, I just can't bring myself to put away his collars, coats, or beds. I guess I can't accept the fact he's not coming home. I've even waited to write this, because I just can't believe it still. Thanks everyone for being there for me, it means so much.

grinning after a bath

958hankers.jpg

one day when his seizure meds were making him sick, I pulled his bed in front of the door so he could still enjoy the weather

958IMG_0172CROP1.jpg

on a hot summer day, after he'd been playing in grama & granpa's yard

958IMG_0233CROP.jpg

958IMG_0014.jpg

At September's reunion for our group, I didn't know it would be his last...

958IMG_0076.jpg

p.s. I just have to share this because it's one of my favorite memories of Hank. He was a true momma's boy and rarely away from my side. I usually do dishes late at night, and when both kids are already sleeping. But Hank would always come into the kitchen when I did dishes. I would be standing there in the quiet, and he would be standing directly behind me in my shadow silent the whole time. Every so often, he would touch his nose to my leg, just to remind me he was there. I'm really going to miss that.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very very sorry. :f_red:f_red:f_red

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so sorry! What wonderful memories you shared with us and you'll always have those.

Godspeed Hank...

The holes they leave in your heart ae enormous and it never quite closes. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart shares your sorrow. Be at peace, little one. :f_red:f_red:f_red

Guest CoachGrieber

I read this column often, but rarely pst as I rarely know what to say.

All you have to do is look at the pics you've psted and you'll understand how happy you made your boy...You were obviously a terrific mother to him and he knew that... I mean, look at that big ol happy face!!

Thanks for reminding me to go hug my babydoll...I don't know if I do that enough :beatheart

Take care of your mom, Hank :) She deserves it.

Guest ShelbysMom

Your memories are so wonderful and touching. I am so glad you shared them with us. I feel very honored.

Hank can now run free without the worry of any more seizures.

f_yellow

Guest argolola

Oh my, I'm crying with you as I read. I'm so sorry for your loss.

You gave your boy the gifts of a wonderful family and of endless love. May he live in your heart forever. God bless you and yours.

Guest wmlcml6

I am so sorry for your loss of such a special boy. I don't believe it's possible to prepare for the emptiness we will feel when our babies leave us. :(

We thought it was going to happen a week ago today with our Curly Sue when she had an unexplainable seizure/stoke. Now that we know her time may be limited, I cannot walk past her without giving her scritches, or a hug, or something to let her know how important she is.

Extra hugs to you and Hank's sister. I'm sure she misses him, too.

I am so sorry. f_yellow

My puppers are getting extra huts today since I took off work to keep Molly as quiet as possible since her leg surgery this past Tuesday. She is on limited activity and I want to spend as much time with her and the boys as she recuperates.

Guest Greymom

I have tears running down my face reading this. Thank you for sharing those wonderful memories. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Hank. We never have enough time with them, but you will see him again. Run free sweet Hank. :f_white

Guest GiJenn51

I'm so sorry. I will go give my puppers hugs when I get back home today. I am choking back tears at work.

Thank you for sharing your time with Hank with us.

God speed Hank.

f_yellow:cry1:gh_run

How heartbreaking to lose your baby boy, Hank. :brokenheart My deepest condolences go out to you... :grouphug May you always feel Hank's spirit with you, and know that he remains connected to you forever. Godspeed, precious boy...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Im so sorry for your loss.Your memories are beautiful. We have a seizure boy and he will be getting extra hugs today.

Like coach said you can see in the pictures he was a happy boy. You were a wonderful mom.