For Patricia & Fred

Guest CannonsMom

Guest CannonsMom

Sophia's passing has really affected me for days now...I have told the story to countless co-workers, the head of my group, my dog sitter...etc

yesterday, I received the following story from the head of my group. You were the first people I thought of after reading this. I am now passing it on, with hope that it will serve as a form of comfort to you both.

my heart goes out to you both every day....

Tania

WHY DOGS DON'T LIVE AS LONG AS PEOPLE

(Copied - Author unknown)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for the four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt Shane could learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me - I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, "Everybody is born so that they can learn how to live a good life - like loving everybody and being nice, right?" The four-year-old continued, "Well, animals already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Sophia, you were loved. Enjoy your eternal days at the bridge.

Thank you so much Tania...That was just beautiful. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh my... :weep

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What a beautiful thought...and very true. You look in their eyes, and you know it is true. What a special thought to share with us, and thanks. We've all been deeply affected by Sophia's life with us and by her passing.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest Annie

Thank you for posting that precious story. :beatheart

It's sometimes hard to understand when and why a loved one is taken. This gave us all a heartwarming explanation. :angelwings

Guest Snowy8

That is so true...but also, they teach us to love unconditionally. Once we've learned the love they have given to us...then they move on. They open our eyes to simple things in life...laying in the sun, laying in the shade...listening to the crickets at night, being excited because a loved one came home. I love the way they look at me adoringly...like I'm the best thing that ever happened to them. They think that they've already died & gone to heaven because they're with us.

Take this moment to hug your puppers.

So true, I too have been deeply affected by Sophia's passing. You touched a lot of hearts girlfriend.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.