Hammer

Guest IndysDad

Guest IndysDad

Hammer went to the Bridge at 2:00 A.M. yesterday morning as he entered this world..in my wife's arms, being told how much he was loved by both of us.

He was born on January 4th, 1991, the first born of that litter. Hammer was the "apple" of his mom's eye..her favorite boy right from the start..

Since we couldn't have kids of our own,Hammer became our combo fur/skin kid..I remember the day he was born..all was right with the world;the joy and pride of new lives,the contentment that comes with the success of an endeavor...

I remember too, the promise we made to each puppy; "no matter what happens,you can always come home to stay" & the promise we made to Hammer when we decided to keep him.."we will always be there for you and we will always come back for you." For 13 years he was always there for us and always with us..through the good and bad....

We fulfilled our promise to one of those puppies,Evelyn, who came back to us in the Spring of 1993;she was supposed to a show dog,but didn't have the proper conformation to compete,so she came home to stay..Hammer was overjoyed to have her home..they became best buddies until she went to the Bridge last May.

We knew Hammer was grieving and depressed at the loss of his sister; we had been thinking about adopting a Greyhound for years..In July, Indy came to live with us...the results were like magic;Hammie and Indy became best buddies..they both were and are beta males..the reminded me of a couple of kids.."what you wanna do?" "I dunno, what you wanna do?" "I dunno..let's nap!!" "O.K. by me"...This continued until November,when Zadie came to live with us..I thought we may have some issues with a girl moving in, but no problems whatsoever..Zadie quickly became qiute "enamored" of Hammer and they buddied up to be best friends till Hammer left us yesterday.

Hammie was a show dog; he finished his championship on July 4th, 1993..he wasn't a big time nationally rated dog,but he truly loved to go into the ring and hear the applause and get the attention that came with showing. It was a part of his life that he never forgot and loved to play at long after he retired.

This is the first time in 22 years we haven't had a Weimaraner in our lives..

Indy and Zadie are doing their best to help us through this..their gentleness strength and compassion are incredible..I feel blessed to have them with us..

I know that with time,we will look back and remember with fondness the life of our companion and Cathy's heart dog, Hammer

Godspeed,Hammer..we will see you at the Bridge...

Edited by Indy's Dad

Hugs to you and your wife, and to all Hammer's loved ones. He was a special fellow, who got to share his life with some very special people.

Go with God, Hammer.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful dog......

Bless all of you....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Run to the angels sweet Hammer. :(f_yellow:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest IndysDad

Cathy and I would like to say Thank You for your kind thoughts and support..

Greyhound people and especially those on GT are the best people on this earth..

Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ownedbymydogs

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our Hammer this last year too. We miss him terribly, but it is a little easier as time goes by. We have since adopted 2 greys, Katie and Hardie. They have really helped Scooter (our IG) through his grief over losing his "big" brother.

You are in our prayers.