Incurin vs DES for incontinence?

Twelve year old Georgie has had light urine leakage for the past year. Just little beads of urine, not a full bladder emptying. Only happens when she is deeply asleep.
We had been using Vetri Science Bladder Strength and now Nutri Vet Bladder Control but they no longer seem to be helping.

When she goes out to pee she does take a nice long one, so I'm confident she is able to empty her bladder. And since her potty time routine here hasn't changed, and it's not lots of little pee outings, I'm pretty sure it's not a UTI.

So Incurin vs DES? What is your experience using either? Is there a big difference between the two in how an old girlie will respond to it? Was cost a factor to you when picking one?

I know not to use Proin.

Georgie is otherwise a healthy, active girl with no other health issues.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Our vet recommended starting with Incurin and switching to DES if Incurin didn't do the trick. For our 10-year-old girl, the Incurin didn't make much of a difference, so we ended up switching to DES, which has helped immensely.

Thank you, Victor. What dose DES and how often? How soon did you see improvement?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Back in the very beginning of Felicity's issues, when we first started DES, she had to have a loading dose (1 mg every day for a week), then a week of every other day, then she settled in to one 1 mg pill once a week.

It has a very large and flexible dosing range and she's been on everything from once a day to once every other week.  We are still adjusting her DES currently to see what works the best with her new medication - currently she's taking one 1 mg pill twice a week.  She weighs 62 lbs currently.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly