One blue eye

Jason

You need to let a vet have a look but the chances are that she is blind in her right eye. If this is the case be aware anything that comes from that side she won't be able to see it and that could make her nervous although at such a young age she will cope a lot better than an older dog who looses their sight later in life.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Yes, she needs to be seen by a vet for a complete evaluation.

Normal blue dog eyes do pop up in greyhounds, now and again.  It's a recessive trait linked to certain coat colors, and can be perfectly normal.  But a cloudy eye of whatever color needs to be seen by a professional asap.

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Does she paw at it like it's dry and scratchy?  Is she an AKC greyhound or did she come from a racing line? If she has tattoos you can check her family history and see if it's a variation in the line.

Pannus is not really blue but can become a blue-ish haze.  Not normally seen in young dogs.

I do know of an owner with a youngish greyhound and both eyes were cloudy. I thought his dog was elderly. Nope. He said vet told him it was pannus. I asked if the drops were helping. He said he wasn't giving her any eye drops.

Pannus eye drops are an off label human med. I got it relatively cheap with a Good Rx coupin. My boy was a senior and only had it in one eye. He was noticeably more comfortable with the drops.

Although most likely your pup doesn't have pannus, it is something to ask your vet. Even my greyhound-savvy had to look it up after he asked me what my diagnosis was. (He always gets a kick out of it when I'm right.)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png