Delicate question!

Hi again,

I've posted once before and received some great advice which really helped. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a tricky situation emerging with Mac, our rescue, who's been with us two and a half weeks. He's settling in well, mostly but perhaps starting to challenge us a little as he gets more confident. The issue is this - when we start having sex he leaps up and barks like crazy at us. It's unnerving to say the least!

Any pointers on how to proceed with this situation would be much appreciated.

thanks

joe

8 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

:lol I’ve got nothing but thanks for brightening up my Sunday afternoon!

:lol :ding

(aside from the obvious answer)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Does anyone remember the "cheese" thread?????  :rofl 

On a serious note....

Put him in another room with a peanut butter filled kong, or a puzzle toy - something safe that will take him a while to get through (ie not a chew treat or bone).

FWIW, our first greyhound actually bit my husband on the butt thinking she was protecting me.  :rolleyes:  

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Joe - IMHO -  not a "delicate" question - a normal LIFE question.  My first grey, Sobe, took a BITE out of my DH when we had sex when Sobe was new to our house.  I think he was "protecting" me, and had no idea what's going on. We stopped everything and dealt with an upset dog.

After that , we learned to shut the dogs out of the room.  

Mac is probably confused..  Human sex makes no sense to dogs.  So - Put him in another room when the mood strikes.