Seresto Collar

Hello! We have been looking to switch our current grey from Nexgard to the Seresto collar. We are adopting a new boy, who uses the collar, so it would be cheaper and easier to have them on the same med. We buy our medication from petsupplyexpress typically but wondered if anyone had experience buying the collar from there. Thanks! 

Starstruck7, I have no experience with the company you are going to order from. Only used Nexgard a few times but generally preferred something on my dogs (Seresto) rather than in them (Nexgard).

Google "counterfeit Seresto collars" to see the articles and videos. People often complain about the price, but to me it is still reasonable since they are good for many months. And if you have a less-ticky time of the year, you an do like I do. I put them back in the original tin, making a note of date of useful time remaining.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Just now, macoduck said:

Starstruck7, I have no experience with the company you are going to order from. Only used Nexgard a few times but generally preferred something on my dogs (Seresto) rather than in them (Nexgard).

Google "counterfeit Seresto collars" to see the articles and videos. People often complain about the price, but to me it is still reasonable since they are good for many months. And if you have a less-ticky time of the year, you an do like I do. I put them back in the original tin, making a note of date of useful time remaining.

Because of all the fakes, I only purchase them from my vet (also to help their business) or from Chewy.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

See this recent discussion about Seresto collars.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

6 hours ago, Victor said:

It's the counterfeit Seresto collars that are the biggest problem. It's all about where you buy them.

See FiveRoooooers link above to the thread where this has been discussed.

tiny hada siggy.png

We are using seresto collars for years now. Never had a problem. We always buy them from our vet. They are a bit more expensive but we are sure they are the original ones. 

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).