Kennel Cough

Just had this conversation with my vet. I volunteer at my local shelter and often come in contact with dogs with kennel cough. He said there was no way my dogs would contract the virus off of me. They need to have direct contact with another dog . I don't kennel my dogs or go to the dog park so this is one vaccine I am not giving any longer.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

I don't kennel my dogs or go to the dog park so this is one vaccine I am not giving any longer.

My vet requires the vaccine if the dog is there for more than an in-and-out visit, even if it's not overnight.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

57 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

My vet requires the vaccine if the dog is there for more than an in-and-out visit, even if it's not overnight.  

do i smell money? there are numerous strains of kennel cough as with just about everything else, so it can difficult(putting it mildly) to target all of the variations. it also takes 2 weeks for the inoculation to become active/effective and working and only lasts for 6 months.....mmmm $$$$$$$ makes the world go round!

i remember the crazy epidemic of both kennel cough and pneumonia spreading thru the kennels/pounds in the ny area in the 90s. from what i remember it was don't bring shoes into the house and wash hands well. washing never hurts, be it flu or anything else these days.