Different Treat = Happiness

Milo and Jeter get a crunchy/chewy treat after supper.  Theoretically this is to help clean their teeth.  Standards are the Milkbone version of dentabones, frozen chicken feet, and pressed rawhide sticks.  Last night, they got their first DRIED DUCK FEET!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!  They chortled in their joy.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Rocket loved those.  He didn't care for the chicken feet that I got at the butcher shop too much, but those dried duck feet were gold! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Lucky boys. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Do you ever have issues with the sharp claws on the feet? I used to feed them, but my dh was concerned.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

No problem with claws on the dried duck feet since their feet are webbed, not clawed.  Chicken feet have claws, but my dogs have never had a problem with that.

A recent visitor was all "Wha?" as I was handing out the duck feet.  Good thing he wasn't around when thawed chicken feet were on the treat menu!  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

No problem with claws on the dried duck feet since their feet are webbed, not clawed. 

Closer perusal shows I was wrong -- there is an occasional something that I guess is a claw on the dried duck feet.  It is blunt, though, and looks more like a small piece of monocolor candy corn than a claw.  But I have not noticed any problems with the dogs' digestion of it.  Jan, why was your dh concerned?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg