Royal Canin Food Shortage? Hydrolyzed

hi, we currently feed our Zeke Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein food -- I went to get another bag last Thursday and everyone is OUT. Apparently there is a manufacturing shortage/issue with RC? Has anyone heard about this, or know anything about it?

our vet is out, Chewy is out, Petco is out -- this is the only food Zeke is able to tolerate and I'm terrified of running out now. I usually wait until he's just about out since it ships in 2 days, and he is so inconsistent on if he'll eat or not, I don't order it too far ahead of time.

does anyone know anything about this? Our vet says their rep says they'll deliver on Thursday but she didn't sound very confident.

TIA.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I use RC for Dustin. I had no trouble last week getting it. I wish you were closer, I would share some. I get it through my vet online.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I did have trouble once before and apparently, every so often they totally shut the factories down and clean everything. That's why it's so expensive, etc. Not sure how true that is...but I was told that at Petco once.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Purina also has a veterinary Hydrolyzed diet.

Also seems to be showing in stock at Chewy, unless I am looking at the wrong food :)

Edited by Katy_3131

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Royal canin had a data base issue months ago, which caused a disruption in the supply to our vet, for Marcos food. (Rc fibre response). But they have since recovered from that as far as I know.

Did you try petflow or drs foster and Smith?

If your vet can't get it, ask for their reps info to see if you can email directly. Sometimes the reps can get orders expedited.

I was looking at this last week and Amazon was showing lots in stock. Hope you've found some by now.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

hi all, yes we were able to get some -- our local Petsmart had 2 bags left so we grabbed them last Tuesday evening, then the next day Petco said they would be shipping my order (Dr. F&S is owned by Petco so same issue). Amazon would have been the last resort as it was $40 more than all the others but in a pinch I would have bitten the bullet.

Petco ended up only sending 1 (thank God) so I'm pretty well set on it now :lol I just panicked because no one had it that I could see (F&S said they did but I actually called them and they did say no they did not).

thanks again for the help! :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway