Lethargic Puppy - Help

Our 16 week old puppy had her final set of shots today, and she received the rabies vaccine. Tonight she is very lethargic, but breathing well and very responsive. She did not touch her dinner tonight, and just drank a tiny amount of water. Gums look normal.

I have Googled info and it says it is normal to have lethargy, but I just need to hear from others that this happened to them too and all was OK. The closest EVet is about 30 minutes away, and I will gladly take her if anyone thinks I should.

She is very snuggly and has been sleeping on my lap since 5 PM tonight

Thanks

Karen

It's normal. Especially if she got a bunch of them. Monitor her tonight and let her sleep it off. She may not eat tomorrow either. But she should be mostly back to normal tomorrow night or Saturday.

Reasons for the evet: vomiting, being dehydrated, blood in urine or stool, rash or blister at the injection site, fever or chills.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

My usually-boisterous Sammy gets lethargic with any vaccinations. He also gets diarrhea and is quite tender in the limb where the injection went for about 24 hours. We actually spread his vaccinations out, with a minimum of three weeks between shots. That helps the most for us.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Checking in on Jesse. Hope she's feeling better today.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".