Tz Ziggity Boom Aka Ziggy 4/7/03 - 6/26/17

Dawnnziggy

I'm so very sorry. He was with you for a good long while, but not nearly long enough.

Godspeed Ziggy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I just had to add something about our boy. He was a big boy until the last few years. He had an unreal fear of insects. One summer day while I was walking them, a grasshopper hopped up onto Ziggy's back. He went ballistic! He was jumping around trying to get it off. It had left him almost right away, but it couldn't have happened soon enough! I laughed and laughed. It is an awesome memory.

Another wonderful memory is weird. Ziggy loved birds and mice. Yes, I said mice. He picked up 2 baby birds in his mouth in the 11 years we had him. We were so lucky the mama bird was not around. He never hurt them either. He just gently picked them up in his mouth. As I panicked, I would yell "drop it!" and he would. They would hop away just fine. One night as we were walking he started sniffing in some tall grass where he never had before. I realized he had picked something up again and told him to drop it. Out popped a baby mouse about the size of a half dollar. I was creeped out that time, but the mouse was just fine and so was Ziggy.

He was quite a character. He is buried in our backyard next to Dawn. I am going to plant some flowers above them to make a beautiful memory place.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. It was very healing to put that all down. I appreciate all of you!

• 2 weeks later...

What a beautiful, moving and most perceptive tribute.

"Who am I to say that he wasn't. I know he was happy here so maybe he did come back. I would be happy if he did. That night, Dawson kept staring at the back of the living room too." EXACTLY. As my soul mate Slim taught me only his body died. The real Ziggy that everyone loved and that loved everyone is spirit and he is well albeit on perhaps a different plane right now. He is now on the frequency of pure love and the closer those of us remaining can get to that the closer we are to him. That is why Myrtle & Dawson may be able to see him and you don't. They are closer to the frequency of pure love. It should be most reassuring to you that he returned to take care of and help his family pack cope with his crossing over. And do not be surprised if Myrtle and/or Dawson occasionally seem to exhibit some of Ziggy's old behaviors! It is not uncommon for them to revisit through another animal. You will recognize it without doubt and probably be confused because it will be Ziggy's energy. He is just visiting and taking care of you too. Ziggy will be with you always.

:f_red :f_red :gh_run