How Do You Pill Your Grey?

Hey LaFlaca Love the sound of chicken hearts. What a great idea. Off to the supermarket tomorrow!!

Glad I could help! I'll be shopping for hearts today, as well. Hope your Schnookie is doing well. Best name ever! :D

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I'm so grateful for all of these great tips. Here's another one I just learned; boil chicken hearts in water until tender. Let cool and stuff pill/capsule into the center of the heart (apparently there's a natural opening). Use left-over broth to moisten kibble.

Okay, screw the pill pockets! I made the bloody chicken hearts which worked great for one dose. By the second dose, Wendy, the skinny little smarta$$, realized there was a capsule in the heart, spat it out and looked at me like I was trying to kill her. From now on it's open, shove and swallow. Chicken hearts do make nice post- pilling treat, though.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I do find it easier to use a pill gun, mine's a soft syringe-type one which works well even without water but can't hold huge pills, or tiny ones for that matter. For those I resort to my fingers, and give a treat afterwards.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

It looks like Wendy will need to take medication (capsules) twice a day from now on. So far, she has been very docile and has allowed me to easily push the capsule into her throat. I really dislike being the one to cause her discomfort for fear that it will negatively affect our relationship. Hiding the medication in food rarely works more than once; she catches on very quickly! ;)How do you pill your Grey? Have you used a pill-pushing syringe? Any tips are welcome.

CHEESE SLICES! who can resist cheese?!!!

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

CHEESE SLICES! who can resist cheese?!!!

Wendy. She'll fall for it the first time but, after that, all bets are off. Brat. :gh_face <<< See, she's mocking me! :rofl

When burying it in food doesn't work, meaning they won't eat it voluntarily, I bury it in raw ground beef and push it down. I find the greasy meat makes them go down much easier. But generally, burying them in balled up pieces of Kraft cheese works just fine.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Annie gets Vetprofin every morning. I wrap the pill in PB and put it on a small plate. Annie licks it right up. When she was getting three different pills, two of them twice a day, a while ago for poo issues, I alternated with PB, pill pockets and cream cheese. There may come a time when I'll have to open her mouth and put a pill in directly, but until that day comes, I prefer to do the way I think is gentler.

Edited by Feisty49