The Grapehound Wine Tour®

countrypaws

The twelfth annual Grapehound Wine Tour® will take place July 20-23 near Watkins Glen, New York. Early Birds who want to spend the week exploring the waterfalls and lake shores of the area -- and of course taste area wines -- may arrive as early as Tuesday, July 18th to pick up their wine glasses at Atwater Estate Vineyards and start their wine tasting adventures.

Our weekend begins on Thursday night with our welcome event, some some great tyacos from Global Taco and wood fired pizza from the Pi truck, some great wines, and maybe a little musical entertainment.

We don't have boring speakers and we don't make you stand around at our event for the whole weekend. Instead we provide plenty of shady spots where you can plop down on the grass in your own lawn chair with a pillow for your hound -- with your friends and a glass of wine -- and just hang out and look out over the lake on a lazy summer afternoon. (Or you can tour some great NY wineries and find a nice chardonnay...)

Starting Friday morning, once again we'll be headquartered at beautiful Atwater Estate Vineyards on a high hill looking out over Seneca Lake. The main event will feature a big vendor tent, wine tasting and a Friday evening concert featuring a theme of some fantastic music from the 70's and a live auction. Here's a sampling of some of the music we'll be playing in our big social tent overlooking Seneca Lake. Click on one of these links to listen to one of these tunes and you'll be instantly transported back to those crazy seventies!

The Three Degrees/When Will I see You Again

Yvonne Elliman/If I can't Have You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPfv314ooOo

Led Zepplin/Stairway to Heaven

Odyssey/Native New Yorker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx9N0p9Lu30

Tavares/Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAORTc5dj3Y

McFadden & Whitehead/Ain't No Stoppin Us Now

Sweet/Fox on The Run

You'd better pack your dancin' shoes! This will be a Friday evening to remember with food, music, wine, and fun, all with a sunset view of Seneca Lake.

On Saturday we'll have some breakfast, shop the vendors, go to our Blessing of the Hounds at 2PM, our ice cream social at 3PM and the close of our Silent Auction at 4PM. Then it's off to dinner!

On Sunday we will walk through a deep ice age canyon to 215 foot Taughannock Falls at 10 a,m., one of the tallest falls in the Northeast! Then we'll be hosted by Fulkerson Winery all Sunday afternoon with wine tatsing and wood fired pizza. Or you can tour around the lake and catch some new wineries.

Our event brings hundreds of greyhound lovers from as far away as Chicago and Georgia to help many small NY adoption groups to bring greyhounds from the Florida race tracks and find them forever homes.

The Grapehound Wine Tour® is not the nation's biggest greyhound event, nor does it have the most vendors. It doesn't have any speakers. But it has the most fun per square inch of any greyhound event in America. Just ask anyone who's attended ... or just ask a greyhound!

There are still rooms available but don't wait too long to reserve one. Registration is now open and we hope you'll plan to join us to have some fun this July on the shores on Seneca Lake!

https://www.grapehounds.com/home.html

Edited by countrypaws

Hey, Larry, I'm trying to register, but every time I try to get to the Paypal site, it won't let me. When the little screen comes up, for a split second, I see Continue, then it disappears! Am I doing something wrong? I guess I could pay with a credit card, but I'd prefer Paypal.

Thanks!

Oops, nevermind! I made the little box full screen, and was able to continue. We're registered! Coming on Wednesday.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Hey, Larry, I'm trying to register, but every time I try to get to the Paypal site, it won't let me. When the little screen comes up, for a split second, I see Continue, then it disappears! Am I doing something wrong? I guess I could pay with a credit card, but I'd prefer Paypal.

Thanks!

Oops, nevermind! I made the little box full screen, and was able to continue. We're registered! Coming on Wednesday.

OK, glad you got it to work. Thanks for letting us know!

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We had a great time at Grapehounds this year! Thanks Larry for putting together such a fun event.

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

• 1 month later...

Can you tell me if greyhounds are allowed at the wineries? What do we do with them while we're out and about?

Yes, of course. There's a huge long list of participating wineries that allow the dogs inside. There's also a Grapehounds central area each year with food trucks, vendors, a tent, and usually live music. There is also a dog-sitting option if you want to leave your pup behind for a short time. Plenty of info on the Grapehounds website: https://www.grapehounds.com/grapehounds.html

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thanks. i did go to the site, but nothing specifically said that hounds were allowed in establishments (usually frowned upon where anything consumable is made/served).

The Grapehounds organizers won't include any establishment that isn't dog friendly. If dogs are only allowed in certain areas, they will say that (although its very rare). It's a very dog friendly event.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)