Vitamin B12 Supplements

any suggestions for vitamin b12 supplements, liquid? my vet requested that i research it and try some on felix. i found this on amazon, it's the only one with out stevia or other sweetners. https://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-B12-Methylcobalamin-Liquid-Drops/dp/B06XFTS9Z6/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i3?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B06XFTS9Z6&pd_rd_r=CEW4G2XDZ6JYREB1TFW0&pd_rd_w=KD2Xd&pd_rd_wg=0rl94&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=MBBKW72N9S15WTEFZ88F&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=781f4767-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop

all of the b12 at the vitamin shoppe had sweetners, citric acid(I don't want that since his ph is too acidic and i just managed to fix that)

has anyone out there is GT successfully used one that OTC? dosage as well. when we get the results from felix's current blood work we will see if the b-12 is appropiate. that's why i'm researching it and we will compare notes and what she uses.

thanks in advance for your input-

andrea

Edited by cleptogrey

I've only given vitamin B by injection from a vial I got from the vet. Capsules or pills might be easier to give to a dog from an OTC source. Is there a difference in absorption or physical availability?

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Never used OTC or oral version, but I can vouch for the amazing efficacy of the injections from the liquid we bought at the vet for our IBD hound. Kipper went from being miserable and no energy to almost his pre-IBD puppyish self almost overnight. Wish we'd tried it a year earlier.

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

I have to have vitamin B12 injections because my body cannot absorb it in tablet form, your Felix may be the same.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Yes, I used liquid B12 for mine. I used the human dose for them (one drop which was around 90mcg) but I was able to use a form of muscle-testing (kinesiology) to determine the correct dosage for each of them. I used a brand called Metabolics, which is very pure, but don't know if available in the US.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Nutramax makes a chewable B12 supplement called "Cobalequin". Each chew tab has 1,000mcg of cyanocobalamin.

thanks, bookmarked the page, it's currently unavailable. this is the note on their page,

"Attention: After our current on-hand supply is exhausted, Cobalequin will no longer be available from AffordableVet.net. If this product is something you need, submit your email through the form below and we'll contact you with product information when available. (We promise we won't spam you or email you for any other reason)."

Edited by cleptogrey

thanks, bookmarked the page, it's currently unavailable. this is the note on their page,

"Attention: After our current on-hand supply is exhausted, Cobalequin will no longer be available from AffordableVet.net. If this product is something you need, submit your email through the form below and we'll contact you with product information when available. (We promise we won't spam you or email you for any other reason)."

That's interesting -- I hope it's not being discontinued! We get it from our vet.