Heart Of America Greyhound Gathering - June 21-25, 2017 - Abilene, Kan

Greyhoundcastle

Complete details and registration information can be found at www.halfwayhomegreyhounds.com. Plenty of activities - a chance to visit the National Greyhound Association and go on farm tours to learn how your beloved greyhound(s) started his/her life. Usually puppies can be seen (and snuggled) at one of the farms!

There will be a live auction (with a very entertaining auctioneer, Robert Bacon), multiple vendors, games, etc. Proceeds to benefit Teddy Palmer's Halfway Home Greyhounds program in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Please consider putting Abilene, Kansas, on your greyhound event list for 2017 and check the Halfway Home website for further details!

Annie Lambert, long-time supporter (and greyhound adopter) of Halfway Home

Woo - Hoo

On the calendar----Registration in and hotel reservations made.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Wish that you could make it this year too Halise. Would love to meet you and Atomic and get to see Clark Kent again.

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Cocoa and I are going! Along with our friend Jamie who's not on GT and her two hounds. It will be my third trip to Abilene but Cocoa's first. :)

Halise, sorry you can't make it. It would be cool to meet Clark!

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

II am hoping and planning to be there next year!! Clarkadoodledoo wants to see Mama Wanda. Maybe Lisa could come and bring Myles so the brothers can re-connect! That would be excellent!.

Halise (and Clark Kent and Atomic)

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

• 3 weeks later...

A reminder "plug" for the upcoming June event in Abilene, Kansas - - -

This gathering has been around in various format or fashion since the late 1990's. And although Kansas is seldom considered as a "destination vacation" state; nevertheless, it does have one thing that should be of interest to all who have adopted a retired (or perhaps flunked!) racing greyhound: Abilene - home of the National Greyhound Association and multiple greyhound farms from which your beloved dog may have originated. Hands down, there's no better greyhound gathering than Abilene for the educational experience of discovering how that upside-down, roaching dog(s) holding down furniture began his or her journey to YOUR loving home!

It's not too late to plan an excursion to the Heart of America Greyhound Gathering on June 21-25, 2017. Details and registration information can be found on the website of Halfway Home Greyhound Adoption. Check it out!

www.halfwayhomegreyhounds.com/gathering.html

Annie Lambert, Benton (wichita area), Kansas

(a veteran adopter & greyhound aficionado since 1994)

And although Kansas is seldom considered as a "destination vacation" state;

When people used to ask where I was going on vacation I would tell them "I am going to the vacation capitol of the world!" They would invariably say "Oh, Vegas?" I would respond "No, KANSAS!!!"

Halise

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

• 1 month later...

Almost Time !!!!!

Anybody getting excited ????????