How Many Did You Try? - Update Post 21

sarabz

:)

Have tried all kinds of food over the years but the go-to's remain Iams green bag and Purina One / ProPlan.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just seeing this Sarah. I've fed Iams Green Bag mini chunks for years with excellent results. I'm switching Trevor to a lower protein/fat kibble now but Iams has worked here for many years. Glad your boy is doing better!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm chiming in late here but I was also going to suggest Iams, start with the green bag but try other varieties too. Glad it's working so far!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

• 4 weeks later...

Yaaaaay for something that works :D MY whippet/IG cross has an allergy to whatever they've put in Iams weight loss food (blue bag). Nothing serious, but she itches regularly. Time to experiment, methinks. This thread gives me some good ideas where to start !

Beware of dog? Forget the dog - BEWARE OF CAT! No wait. The budgie is a killer, too.

35618219502_5f27c04249_s.jpgAaerro by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Rainbow Bridge - Aaerro march 2018

Guest Sportingfields

Yaaaaay for something that works :D MY whippet/IG cross has an allergy to whatever they've put in Iams weight loss food (blue bag). Nothing serious, but she itches regularly. Time to experiment, methinks. This thread gives me some good ideas where to start !

Do you add a fish oil additive to her food? If she has dry skin and dander, that maybe all you need to do.

I fed my last 4 dogs, 1 grey, 3 whippets Eukanuba adult maintenance small bite, nice coats, no gas. My grand-dogs, 1 eats TOW Sierra Mountain with 25% protein (she had chronic pudding poo and room clearing gas on the TOW High Prairie) and the other is on Rachel Ray Nutrish which has salmon in it. Neither does good on the others food, hence the need to feed 2 brands. If you want to try and change, I'd start out within the same brand you are feeding first, read labels, there are minor differences in between them.

Do you add a fish oil additive to her food? If she has dry skin and dander, that maybe all you need to do.

I fed my last 4 dogs, 1 grey, 3 whippets Eukanuba adult maintenance small bite, nice coats, no gas. My grand-dogs, 1 eats TOW Sierra Mountain with 25% protein (she had chronic pudding poo and room clearing gas on the TOW High Prairie) and the other is on Rachel Ray Nutrish which has salmon in it. Neither does good on the others food, hence the need to feed 2 brands. If you want to try and change, I'd start out within the same brand you are feeding first, read labels, there are minor differences in between them.

Thanks for the idea :D My brat is such a chow hound - practically inhales her meals. Fish oil will make her sooo happy, LOL.

Beware of dog? Forget the dog - BEWARE OF CAT! No wait. The budgie is a killer, too.

35618219502_5f27c04249_s.jpgAaerro by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Rainbow Bridge - Aaerro march 2018