Skye's Vulva Irritation - Possible Tumor?

So for those that have been following along, things are looking much much better (if you missed it and want to get caught up, here's the link :P

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/318200-irritated-raw-vagina-update-post-vet-visit-41/page-1)

The Apoquel seems to really be helping and I have been cleaning twice daily with Chlor-hex and then applying the silver cream in addition to wiping with baby wipes immediately after she urinates on walks. The collar arrived, but I haven't actually gotten it out of the box because things are so improved.

Having said all of that, now that things are cleaned up and I can see better, plus I'm feeling what's going on down there, I am concerned she may have a tumor and that's the source of all of this. The area of skin around her vulva closest to her anus seems larger and possibly harder than it should be and it is gray in color, which I have since read can be a characteristic of a specific type of vaginal tumor. I really have no idea what "normal" looks like so I could be completely making this up. Anyway, if anyone has any experience, I would love for you to take a look. I will of course be getting her back to my vet for a follow-up, but probably not until next week.

Photo below. WARNING for anyone who doesn't want to see it, graphic doggie photo below :P ...

The area I'm talking about, closest to her anus is to the left in the photo. If you click, you should be able to enlarge and see what I'm talking about better:

0808161034_zps7uyodapm.jpg

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sorry, I don't have any experience with this and can't tell what I'm looking at. I agree that your vet is the best bet.

But PhotoBucket offered to make me a calendar and holiday cards from the photo.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Sorry, I don't have any experience with this and can't tell what I'm looking at. I agree that your vet is the best bet.

But PhotoBucket offered to make me a calendar and holiday cards from the photo.

:rofl If you'd like I can upload some more photos so there's a different one for every month. Let me know what angle you'd like for the cover photo.

Or this one could work for the cover:

0729161734a_zpsuynngp2s.jpg

Still provocative, but leaves something for the imagination until you look inside. :lol

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

OMG! I almost snorted all over my keyboard!!!! :rofl

Sorry! Vet visit is best as most of us avoid having to feel around down there!! ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:P

Zuri has his Zoledronate treatment tomorrow so I'm going to ask if I can have his oncologist take a quick look at the photo. I ALWAYS have new questions for her. Here I was thinking I would finally just be a normal client and drop Z off for the treatment without insisting on talking to her. Instead I'm going to show her vagina photos. :lol

Jen....Only you could get that close up of a picture of that body part! :lol

I do see what you are talking about. I would be surprised if that was the cause of the irritation...it is visable but pretty small to bother a dog like you have described. Pixie did have a tumor right on that area years ago...it was a tumor and it was removed successfully and she has never had anymore problems in that area. She is a big licker too but have never seen any other growths. I think that is when you made her the little pink blanket that she still has to this day.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Could the discoloration be from the silver cream? Seems odd that it would be concentrated on one side like that, but just a thought.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Could the discoloration be from the silver cream? Seems odd that it would be concentrated on one side like that, but just a thought.

Ah, good thought! That is where the worst of the irritation and scabbing was so that would make sense.

No tumor-looks like changes from chronic inflammation. The skin will thicken and will have darkened pigment changes.

Thank you! I will still have the vet take a look, but I feel much better now.

Donna. :lol And I can't believe you still have that blanket. :heart

Donna. :lol And I can't believe you still have that blanket. :heart

It is still on the couch with the little dog bed....it is Lincoln's fav...he loves to bury himself. He doesn't mind pink....he is secure with his masculinity. :lol

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021