Teeth Cleaning Tips And Brands

Hi,

I'm a new in to this world of greyhounds, I've read lot of topics about dental issues in here.

My dog was adopted and had a dental cleaning in the rescue I think 2 months before be with me, but her teeth were in really bad shape when I got her.

I know it's not recommended but I scaled her tartar and now her teeth are pretty white and perfect outside. Her vet also said her teeth are in really god shape now, for a Greyhound.

I brush her teeth with C.E.T Virbac poultry paste everyday, give her some Virbac enzymatic chews (this ones can be really dangerous, I always give and watch her cause she swallowed the whole thing and almost choke - Any other option of similar product? ), some Greenies chews as well.

Her teeth are marvelous outside, but the inner side is quite messy and it's hard to clean inside. She loves so much the paste that sometimes is hard to brush her teeth while she is trying to eat all the toothpaste.

In this forum I read about Healthy Mouth liquid, a product that you add in their water, but on Amazon I've read some really bad reviews about allergies and cases that the product almost killed the dog.

I also read in this forum about one homeopathic product that makes the tartar soft, but couldn't find it online.

I would like to know what brands do you use/recommend for a healthy breath and teeth?

P.S.:Thanks all you guys, this forum is awesome and always gives me good tips how to care my sweet Laila.

Oratene has a water additive that's pretty good, as well as a gel that you can apply. https://www.amazon.com/Pet-King-Brands-BV10400-V-Oratene/dp/B002B8O23K

As far as chews, raw turkey necks will accomplish much the same and you can count it as part of her food for the day. You can also try bully sticks to get that chewing action. I give Rocket a bully stick about twice a week to keep his teeth clean. Some people give them more often, but since he has a sensitive stomach I give them less frequently.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I use hydrogene peroxide 3% because it helps with the discolouration and is an antiseptic for small inflammation.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

I use the Oratene brushless gel and water additive for Val who has bad gingivitis. I also spray her mouth with a colloidal silver spray. The combo has made a huge difference, her gums and teeth are 90% improved, and I can really tell the difference if I miss a a day.