Ripping Plastic Bags Apart

I thought about putting this in Cute and Funny but am putting it here. Ever since I adopted Joy a year ago, she has been obsessed with ripping apart plastic bags. She doesn't eat the plastic; just rips it up. Usually she waits until the bags are empty but I have been known to find the contents of a bag strewn along the hallway or on the stairs as she takes the bag downstairs.

Does anyone else's hounds do this?

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

I think they use plastic bags as training lures sometimes. I know they use them in coursing events. And Toni goes nuts if I use one on our lure pole.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest AimeeBee

George loves them and will shred them if he can, he won't eat the pieces -- just tears the bag apart. Also, he goes crazy if I tie one to a lure pole for him to chase around.

Yup! Mine have all been lure coursing hounds at one point (or are going to be when they grow up) so it is kind of natural. :lol: My puppies start chasing them at 8-weeks-old and we let them "kill" the bag so that they get the prize (but don't let them eat it, obviously).

Edited by GreytHoundPoet