Could Fish Oil Cause Him To Stink?

Wolf has a bit of a stinky 'dog' smell, and the only change I can think of is that I started adding some fish oil into his Olewo Carrots. It's a brand that my vet's office sells, so I have no idea what kind of fish they use. It just says 'Omega 3V Fish Oil.' Has anyone ever noticed that fish oil made their dog stinky?

I give Beka two fish oil gelcaps a day but have never noticed a fishy smell. Is your fish oil liquid or gelcap?

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

observe carefully, i know with terriers too many baths cause a stinky fish odor.some terriers get that odor very quickly from bathing and then owners go crazy rebating them, it's a vicious cycle. the stench happens when their natural oils are washed away. the body goes into overtime producing oil. it's easy enough to first start daily brushing w/ a good stiff brush and see if the oils return.remember wolfie is changing from kennel to home coat. if this doesn't subside w/ brushing then i would talk to your vet about yeast or another benign skin problem that is easy to fix(being positive).

any chance that truman is peeing on his head?

Not something I've experienced. But a stinky fishy smell can also be an indicator of blocked anal glands: http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/health/pet-health-information/anal-gland-impaction/

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

In the past, if I gave Sweep more than two capsules a day, she'd get a slight fishy odor. We have not had any issues with bottled fish oil.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest sireltonsmom

Mindy is on two capsules/day for her arthritis. If I get close I can smell a bit because it's in her system. I use Carlson's Super Omega 3 and she has no adverse effects from it. Good luck.