I Love Healthy Paws!

A little background...since 2000 I have had VPI insurance. At that time they were a good (and probably the only) pet insurer. Over the years they got worse and worse. When I adopted Tanzi and Emma in 2011 I had had enough of VPI and looked around at the others that had popped up since 2000. I decided on Healthy Paws.

I sent in an email with Tanzi's bills. That was pretty much it. I knew the $40 office visit would not be paid. I also knew that I had 90% coverage. (Deductible was already covered earlier) I was shocked. I got exactly what I thought I was going to get!! 90% of the bill minus $40.

I never knew what VPI was going to pay and had many an unpleasant surprise. Often receiving less than 50% of a bill that should have been 80%.

Tanzi's stitches aren't even out yet and the HP check is in the mail.

This makes me happy to hear! Have Healthy Paws but haven't had to use it yet. Friend had VPI and also had problems.

To add insult to injury, the last thing I needed with VPI was to pay for Opal's cremation. Her death was traumatic as it was. I sent VPI the information which apparently was good enough to automatically cancel the policy but not good enough for a claim payment. I had to call up and complain when I got the rejection notice. Yes they did eventually pay, but I didn't need that last bit of issue.

I also love healthy paws. I actually took a picture of the receipt while I was still checking out at the vet's office and sent it in via their app. I had a notice of full payment within a few hours and I got the check two days later in the mail. Such a great experience.

Healthy Paws always covers submitted claims without a fuss. Submitting via the smart phone app is easy. I have noticed over the summer, though, that the company is taking longer to pay claims and pretty much my claims are the same: monthly submissions of two medicines Annie's been taking for over a year, so there is no need for claims to be held up. This new "time lag" isn't a problem but it does make me wonder if the company is having financial difficulties.

Guest Lygracilux

I have yet to get pet insurance, but if this whole thing with our new Lovie works out-we will definitely be jumping on board. No way could we afford 2 giant e-vet bills in full if it came down to it. Good to know which company to go with!