Previcox Vs Fresh Factors

Guest bernadette

Guest bernadette

HI all,

I know (now) that there are very strong opinions both for and against NSAIDS. I have heard rumblings about Fresh Factors and am wondering if this is a better option for Vinnie (12 y/o). He was recently put on Previcox as he has been having trouble laying down. It has helped, but I want to be sure I am doing the best I can by him.

Can anyone share their experience with a similar situation? Will it help his pain/discomfort? He is also on Tramadol and Gabapentin for his LS. Dosage?

Thank you for any and all info.!

Desi takes it all.....nutraceutical, nsaid, Gabapentin, occasional Tramadol. He will be 13 in Oct. gimpy,

some days getting around the block is a real effort, but he's still walking, and for me that's a win.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

This is my experience. Chase was diagnosed with lumbosacral stenosis. I give him Longevity, Fresh Factors, and Joint Health. I do think they benefit him overall, but they are not enough to help with the pain from the LS. For that he also takes tramadol and gabapentin.

If you are going to try the route of Fresh Factors over Previcox I would also add in Joint Health or preferably use Longeviity. I would also only use them in place of an NSAID if you could keep him painfree with them.

This is my experience. Chase was diagnosed with lumbosacral stenosis. I give him Longevity, Fresh Factors, and Joint Health. I do think they benefit him overall, but they are not enough to help with the pain from the LS. For that he also takes tramadol and gabapentin.

If you are going to try the route of Fresh Factors over Previcox I would also add in Joint Health or preferably use Longeviity. I would also only use them in place of an NSAID if you could keep him painfree with them.

Yup!!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

For Kasey with LS he was on Gabapentin 200 mg 3x a day on a bad day, and I believe 600mg a day was the max dosage for him. I found 100mg 2x a day was too low and actually the sweet spot was 150mg 2x a day, and occasionally 3x a day worked best. Tramadol was only 50 mg every 12 hours after I eased him off pred which I think 50mg may have been too low at the time. I was very concerned about inflammation in his back, so we went to the chiropractor to help alleviate his discomfort. I controlled inflammation with prednisone 10 mg every 36 hours for a very long time before trying to ease off and onto Tramadol, and eventually trying to get him onto an NSAID - but we never quite got there. Steroid and Gaba really worked good for Kasey. The biggest downfall for him was muscle loss, and with a weak hind end, you want them to have that muscle to be able to try to stand, even when the signal can't quite get there to do so.

I would recommend Longevity for sure by Springtime. I use both Fresh Factors and Joint Health, but got a free bucket of Longevity recently and I compared all the ingredients. By far it has more and better ingredients than just the FF and JH. Think of FF and JH as the "starter" and everything else they sell sort of adds to that. What FF and JH have is in some way, shape or form in most of the other supplements they sell. What is interesting is the Advanced Hip and Joint contains Boswellia serrata which helps with inflammation, and this is not found in FF, JH or Longevity. So IMO, grab some of the Advanced Hip and Joint and the Longevity and you'll be very well covered. I wish I tried that combination sooner, but he was on FF and JH for a very long time and did respond very positively to it being added to his diet. I'd say within 2 weeks of being on FF, he was able to jump up on the bed again after "missing" at age 10. I really don't think you can go wrong by adding any of their supplements to his diet, but after trial, error and research, I feel Longevity and Advanced Hip and Joint is the way to go.

Be sure to continue to walk him regularly to stimulate his muscles and his back legs to keep them working. If he does stairs well, keep at it! The motion of his knees having to move up and down will help keep everything working as best as it can. Walking backwards is especially difficult and works different muscle groups, so if you can get him to walk backwards for a few minutes a day, you'll be doing him a world of good. Walks on slight inclines/declines as well, causing the leg to move not just along a flat surface will also help.

I wish you and Vinnie all the best.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

None of those powders and potions and neutrceutical things are intended to relieve pain. All they purport to do is "support joint health." LS is not a joint issue. A compressed spinal column cannot be helped by things that simple (hope) to add lubrication to joints.

NSAIDs are actually also of questionable value with LS. The tramadol/gabapentin mentioned above should help. I know they helped George, who also took Deramaxx, but that was for his other pains, not his LS.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

My boy had LS and was on everything, including Previcox until the end. No problems with the Previcox, which I think is much easier on their stomachs.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Guest bernadette

Thank you, everyone, for your input. Important to note, I'm not planning on taking Vinnie off of the Gabapentin or Tramadol- they have done wonders for him. I'm only looking at the newly added previcox and wondering what other options there may be.

Thanks again!

None of those powders and potions and neutrceutical things are intended to relieve pain. All they purport to do is "support joint health." LS is not a joint issue. A compressed spinal column cannot be helped by things that simple (hope) to add lubrication to joints.

NSAIDs are actually also of questionable value with LS. The tramadol/gabapentin mentioned above should help. I know they helped George, who also took Deramaxx, but that was for his other pains, not his LS.

You cannot deny that LS doesn't give an absolute kicking to the hind end. The brain can't tell the legs what to do due to this compression, therefore the legs need all the help they can get with therapy, joint & pain relief and that we can muster. These "powders" certainly won't hurt, especially in a dog that is 12 and already ailing.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015