Choosing To Sleep On The Hard Floor

Guest Winnie2014

Guest Winnie2014

W and I just finished with our walkies/some running and she's currently laying on the cold, polished concrete floor. Most other dogs I wouldn't be concerned, but with her being a greyhound I would think it wouldn't be comfortable. She does this periodically when I'm home and even in the morning after I leave for work.

Anything to be worried about or is she just cooling off? (80 freaking degrees outside...sheesh).

Cooling off. Rocket does this all the time - especially after an outing.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Winnie2014

Glad to know that this is perfectly normal! The polished concrete is certainly cooler than the wood, carpet, or her bed. :) Even with the A/C on 75!

And for funsies, here is my girl on one of our walks. "MOOOM can we keep going? Why are you taking pictures?"

x6bKb3X.jpg?1

Edited by Winnie2014

Both my girls love the tile floor for some odd reason. Some dogs on here use bricks for pillows. Who's to say what these strange creatures won't do????

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Guest PiagetsMom

Mirage has always chosen the floor periodically over his beds. Now that he's getting older I really hate to see him do that, but he's comfortable, I guess :dunno

Yep, totally normal. Our princess Emmie would never lie on a hard floor but Harvey is quite happy to lie on our wooden floor boards when he's hot, or when we're in the kitchen and he wants to hang out on the other side of the baby gate.