Supplements For Aging Dogs

gracegirl

My parents have a 15 year old westie (Hobbes) who is starting to slow down as he approaches his sweet 16. His back hips appear sore as he kind of hops occasionally on walks. They are currently giving him glucosamine. He also gets oil added to his food to help with his coat. He is free fed and is at a healthy weight. He sees the vet annually and the vet says he's doing awesome for a 15 year old terrier.

Fenway and Jackson both turn 8 this fall. Fenway in October and Jackson in December. Neither have reasons to be put on supplements, but I wonder if I should start something as a preventative. They both get a fish oil capsule with each meal.

Any thoughts on what we should do for Hobbes, Fenway or Jackson?

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I do not receive any benefit from this. You should seriously check out The a Greyhound Gang's store. I had Bella on a couple of different brands of glucosamine and other stuff at the vets recommendation, also more of a proactive thing because of her age, and wasn't really sure it was helping. Within 30 days of starting glucosamine and chondroitin from The Greyhound Gang, Bella had more energy, was doing more zoomies, more interested in walks and generally peppier. There's a 4-pack of supplements including the two we use but she's feeling so good now that I'm holding the rest in reserve.

Bella is 9 and I swear she has more energy and zest than when we adopted her as a 5 year old.

Contact Claudia - I have been very happy with her products.

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Thanks Sara. Do you think they'd help the terriers too? Or is it formulated specifically for the skinny dogs we know and love???

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I tried a lot of different joint supplements, including the ones mentioned above. I've had the best luck with Agility by Life's Abundance. Stopped Doodles stiffness in the winter several winters ago, I started her on it and hasn't come back

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

We just started Keiva on Fresh Factors by Springtime. Also their one joint complex. It is working wonders with her energy, taking away pain days from beginning arthritis, etc.

She has been super duper silly lately, more than usual! I love this stuff, she even eats it without needing me to hide it in something.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Fresh Factors worked well with my Wink. Started her @ 12 yrs old and got her to 14.2years. I did see a significant difference in her. Birdie is getting them now and at 12.2yrs she is still pretty fiesty.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Springtimeinc.com :

Fresh Factors with joint health or Advanced Joint Health Chewables with Fresh Factors depending on the need. The Advanced Joint Health has Boswellia in it ( for pain) and the other good stuff. My 14 yr old greyhound is on it and I swear by it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally assisting with her back end, her climbing stairs and jumping into the car.

I love their products!!!!!! check out their website and dog products and call them with questions. I find them very helpful over the phone!

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Springtimeinc.com :

Fresh Factors with joint health or Advanced Joint Health Chewables with Fresh Factors depending on the need. The Advanced Joint Health has Boswellia in it ( for pain) and the other good stuff. My 14 yr old greyhound is on it and I swear by it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally assisting with her back end, her climbing stairs and jumping into the car.

I love their products!!!!!! check out their website and dog products and call them with questions. I find them very helpful over the phone!

:nod (Foster)Sweet has shown much more mobility and just being more comfortable in general since starting Fresh Factors and Joint Health. Springtime is an excellent company to work with. Also, if you have a Costco, they carry Kirkland's Glucosamine HCl (1500mg) with MSM (1500mg) that has worked well for my seniors.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I have a 12 year old (non-grey) and I give her an omega supplement (plus fish in her diet) and a joint formula. She has very little signs of arthritis, but I figure it can't hurt to add a joint formula. I know there is limited data confirming the effectiveness of just Gluc. and chon. so I personally go with products that have other ingredients as well.

My local store carries a joint formula called WellyTails which I just picked up The ingredients are:

glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, NZ green lipped mussel, hyaluronic acid, ALA, DHA, GLA, Tart Red Cherry Powder, Vit. C and Taurine

Has anyone else used this product?