Our Last Night Of Basic Obedience

So...we had our last obedience class tonight. Everyone gets a certificate; however, there are two types of certificates: completion, and graduation.

Completion means you've completed basic obedience. They are not sure if you're QUITE ready for intermediate class yet.

Graduation means you've completed basic obedience and they feel you are ready for intermediate class.

Here's Clarice's certificate:

14034389036_344089a0cf.jpg

Clarice graduates!! by krissn333, on Flickr

:yay:banana:yay

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Cue the "Pomp and Circumstance". Congreytulations, Clarice! In the picture, it's clear all that mental effort has exhausted you. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Congrats Clarice! Keep up the good work!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Yay! Congratulations Clarice and Kristin! :confetti

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

• 6 months later...
Guest Vbeaudry

I am interested in knowing where you went to obedience training with clarice??

We adopted our retired racer a year ago and have only done some informal training at home as I've been undecided on the best place to go with her around the Edmonton area..please help!

And belated congrats Clarice 🎉

Some of my agility friends here in Edmonton recommended See Spot Run for positive reinforcement basic obedience classes. I haven't had to do any of that here because we did all our obedience stuff in Ontario.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Congrats to Clarice!!!

Ryder got one with the first definition you described. He recommended me to take it again because he felt Ryder was still too shy to advance, even though he had completed all of the testing steps to the trainers satisfaction. Go figure.

So when does intermediate start? ;)

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

• 3 weeks later...

We'll take intermediate this winter - gives us a good activity to do when it's cold outside and we can't do much else. Probably after the first of the year, or whenever it gets really cold (still mild enough here that we can get out and do things without misery).

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

We'll take intermediate this winter - gives us a good activity to do when it's cold outside and we can't do much else. Probably after the first of the year, or whenever it gets really cold (still mild enough here that we can get out and do things without misery).

Thank goodness for training in the winter. If only it were enough. Gosh darnit, Edmonton is COOOOOLD! We're already relegated to almost entirely indoor training now.

Like us on Facebook!