Stepping Away From The Crates- Wish Us Luck!

Well, we left the hounds out for an hour and a half last night while we went out to dinner. We confined them to one room where they can lay on their beds, or the couch if they want.

Came home and all was well. They both greeted us at the gate, tails wagging. No whining.

We have been crating them while we are gone up to this point.

Today we left them out when we left for work. We both come home for lunch, so they will be out for about 3 hours by themselves.

I'm hoping all goes well. :goodluck

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Guest klipper

Hopefully your experience is like ours. We are on day 2 of 'free-reign' and absolutely no SA, damage, accidents, nothing. I realize I'm super early in..but we went from extreme crate hatred to calm as ever with free reign. Hoping your experience is similar.

It's funny, they don't mind their crates still at all.

We walk over to them and they get up and practically run in them.

I went home for lunch and found no issues. I looked over the room and didn't see anything destroyed, chewed, etc. My husband got home before me and said there was no whining, just wagging tails when he walked in.

So far so good.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Payton spends a lot of time in his crate, but with the door open. I think he likes the ability to choose when to go in or out. He does great out all day. But, at first, it was really nerve racking! Here's hoping they keep up the good work!

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD

I think so too (crosses fingers again).

Yesterday they were out all day and all was fine.

They have recently seemed like they've gotten past a mark and are acting more like they know they are really HOME :beatheart:beatheart

I think so too (crosses fingers again).

Yesterday they were out all day and all was fine.

They have recently seemed like they've gotten past a mark and are acting more like they know they are really HOME :beatheart:beatheart

Oh I LOVE when they realize that! My little girl is almost there . . . she still gives me the quizzical look from time to time.

If they like their crates leave them up... its always useful to have them in case they need to be shut away to be safe, ie recovering from surgery, tradespeople working in the house etc

If they like their crates leave them up... its always useful to have them in case they need to be shut away to be safe, ie recovering from surgery, tradespeople working in the house etc

Yup, still planning on leaving them up and using them on occasion.