Need Reassurance

I have an extremely cute whippet foster here for the next couple of days and she has a rather large hemangioma on the flap of skin from the back leg to the abdominal area on inside of that flap.

Its oozing. And although I have dealt with a lot of medical issues this is something I don't know anything about and am waiting for the adoption group to call.

I just put a belly band around her and and hope that it catches all the blood but I'm worried about cross contamination to my other dogs --

I don't know that might be a stupid thought but:

am I spreading cancer cells all over my house?

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

:blush i've been reading all morning, and feel pretty silly about my ignorance and mostly understand this is just what happens when they are not removed. they ooze.

and are not contagious, just messy ---

If you have any more advise for me, I'd appreciate it -

Her name is Jubilee and is a total sweetie pie. slept next to me all night - the oozing started this morning after a fun romp around the yard.

she is 11yrs old and was on "The List" at the humane society. :angry:

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Aww. I got my whippet at age 11. He was a doll. Anyway, it is my understanding that not all hemangiomas are cancerous, either. Good luck with her! Indy slept next to me every night for 4.5 years. I so miss my little old man.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Are you sure it's just a hemangioma and not dermal hemangiosarcoma? I just removed a sarcoma from the same area on my small greyhound. Vets thought it was nothing but it got larger and I asked for biopsy. It was questionable so I had it removed. It was hemangiosarcoma.

But dermal, if it's gotten clean margins is 100% curable.

I don't really know what it is. She hasn't been seen by a vet yet - just rescued yesterday from the humane society.

It definitely needs to be removed. It does seem very "topical" on the skin rather than attached deeper.

I hope for her it can be easily removed and it nothing more to worry about.

still haven't heard from the adoption group - maybe i'll start calling them...