Wow, Amicar Is Hard To Find!

I found it at Costco. Is that an option for you?

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I found it at Costco. Is that an option for you?

Called Costco, CVS (several), hospital pharmacy, Walgreens (several). Lots of them offered to order it for me, but I need to start it on Monday. I get that it isn't a "popular" drug, but it's not like I live in rural Podunk! Oh well, I found some, so that's all that really matters.

Aminocarproic acid--Walgreens :-). Should be around $30 for 15 tabs

I did find it at one Walgreens, I am hoping it is only $30! ( no, I didn't ask, was just so glad to find it) Edited by Remolacha

Called Costco, CVS (several), hospital pharmacy, Walgreens (several). Lots of them offered to order it for me, but I need to start it on Monday. I get that it isn't a "popular" drug, but it's not like I live in rural Podunk! Oh well, I found some, so that's all that really matters.

I did find it at one Walgreens, I am hoping it is only $30! ( no, I didn't ask, was just so glad to find it)

Walgreens can order it-usually comes next day

Walgreens supposedly had some in stock (in a store on the other side of town) My vet called it in this morning and they are still saying it is "being processed" after telling me it would take about two hours to fill. If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow morning I will call and try to find out what is going on. I hate dealing with Walgreens, this is so typical of their pharmacies!

Wow...my Target pharmacy had it in stock and was able to fill it for Pinky's amputation.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Just tried to get Amicar for my girl after a freak accident last night. All quotes from pharmacies were around $110-120 for 15 tabs, but none had them in stock. A few pharmacies said they could order them for tomorrow, but a couple said they could try to order but no guarantees that they could get even it. Fortunately, our local vet surgical referral center had some on hand and let me buy some from them.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

OK, I don't feel quite so bad for paying $98 for 15. After everything else that's happened, $98 seems like nothing, and I sure am glad we had them!

Holy moly--I would have sent you some rather than have you pay that price. In fact I just refilled my script to have some for emergency and I paid $70 for 30 tabs through my local Walgreens. Was that price for the generic Aminocarproic acid?

Guest MnMDogs

OK, I don't feel quite so bad for paying $98 for 15. After everything else that's happened, $98 seems like nothing, and I sure am glad we had them!

Yep, I called about 10 pharmacies in my area (none had it in stock) and prices were uniformly very very high... Some up to 12 dollars a pill. 42 cost me 250 dollars or so.

Holy moly--I would have sent you some rather than have you pay that price. In fact I just refilled my script to have some for emergency and I paid $70 for 30 tabs through my local Walgreens. Was that price for the generic Aminocarproic acid?

Generic was higher at my walgreens. Someone posted this in a previous thread (after I had already gotten mine) - http://www.goodrx.com/amicar

How does one GET them for this price???

Edited by MnMDogs