Pet Food Recall

Since I use California Natural and this is the second recall....I'm done with that company...anyone have any suggestions for replacement? My dogs did so well on that food. Darn!

Since I use California Natural and this is the second recall....I'm done with that company...anyone have any suggestions for replacement? My dogs did so well on that food. Darn!

California Natural made Goldie sick and I switched to Solid Gold. They all did well on that until I learned about raw and switched to raw. However Solid Gold who USED to be picky about their prods when I used them some years ago apparently is not that way anymore because they were involved in that last huge recall from that reportedly horrid Diamond plant. Apparently the poor practices at that plant were obvious and yet Solid Gold had them manufacturing one of their foods. To tell you the truth that is just another reason I switched to raw years ago. It doesn't appear any of the large manufacturers are trustworthy. I do feed a little kibble as snacks etc. but I get it from a relatively small company that locally sources it and that I have always known to be trustworthy for MANY years-Southern States.

I'm switching to raw

I'm glad I did. Not only do I not have to worry about the food but they do better on it. It is wonderful especially on their teeth. But they really do better on it-it is obvious-and they enjoy it so much more-and really I don't find its much trouble or that much more expensive.

I'm glad I did. Not only do I not have to worry about the food but they do better on it. It is wonderful especially on their teeth. But they really do better on it-it is obvious-and they enjoy it so much more-and really I don't find its much trouble or that much more expensive.

Both Passion and Thunder are seizure dogs so that was my main reason along with all the other obvious.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I used to feed Taste of the Wild and/or the Kirkland grain free until the last Diamond recall, but I'm done with them now. I'm now feeding Earthborn Holistic and have been very pleased with it. They've had no recalls that I've been able to find. Here's a link to their website: http://www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com/us/dog_formulas/ My girls are on the Great Plains Feast and are doing well on it, but they also have food with grains. Check their ingredient list and see if there's something there that looks like it will work for you.

Here's another company that hasn't had any recalls that I could find: http://www.victordogfood.com/ I like the looks of their ingredients, but I couldn't find it locally so I started using the Earthborn Holistic and have stayed with it since my girls are doing so well on it.

Good luck!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest psdirector

We tried Iams green bag, California Natural and Science Diet Sensitive Stomach. All of them gave Hutch horrible gas, pudding poos, and stomach upsets. We now feed Natural Balance Venison and Sweet Potato and he's doing great. I really can't believe the difference.

We have been very happy with the Precise line of foods. Rocket did great for several years on their Precise Foundation food, and we recently switched him to a mix of Foundation and their Senior food because he was starting to put on a few pounds and had a few tummy issues. The "Senior" food is formulated for dogs age 7 and over. It's lower fat and has less sodium. He is doing great on it, and his coat got as soft as bunny fur.

Poop volume with the Senior food mixed in is less than half what it used to be, and bounces when it hits the ground. How's that for TMI?

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life