Yet Another Tick Collar Question

There have been a number of various threads on tick collars and tick prevention. I cannot find this answer in the threads or using Google.

I need to add something to Rocket's monthly treatment that will cover ticks since we are now using Trifexis. I would like to use the Preventic Collar, but cannot find any mention of the one for dogs having a breakaway clasp. The one for cats is specifically marketed as a breakaway, but there is no mention of that for the dog product.

Rocket will be boarded for a couple of weeks next month, and will spend idle time and overnight in a crate. I don't want a collar on him that isn't a breakaway. Can anyone advise if the Preventic is a breakaway? If not, is there one out there that is ?(not flea and tick, but tick only)

Thanks.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am using Seresto large dog collar made by Bayer. It is a break away collar for ticks and fleas. It is good for 8 months and can get wet. The cost is $60.00 but there is a mail in rebate for $20.00 So far I have had no problems with my hounds wearing this product.

I also give Heartguard for the heart worms.

It isn't break away, but you could probably rig it to be by only putting the end through one slide and not the other. It may come off a little easier than you want. Or possibly putting iy just under the second slide, but so short its about to pop out. I was told that you do want the Preventic collar snug so it doesn't move around much. I think it uses the bodies oils, but I could be wrong. I've also been told by multiple vets that its the only collar that works.

Thanks for the replies. Will check into this a little further and decide what to do.

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I have issues posting pictures here, but if you're on FBI or give me your email address, I can send you pictures of the slides that I was referring to. It may make more sense that way.

If he's in a crate and it comes off, I would be a little worried about the collar getting chewed if he gets bored.

I have issues posting pictures here, but if you're on FBI or give me your email address, I can send you pictures of the slides that I was referring to. It may make more sense that way.

If he's in a crate and it comes off, I would be a little worried about the collar getting chewed if he gets bored.

I will pm you my email address. Thanks!

I have Preventic collars on both. They need to be close to the skin, so the skin can absorb the chemical, but two fingers underneath is good. and it comes off over their skinny heads, no problem. he would not get choked on that collar, trust me. And also vet recommended as the only one that works.

I get them on Amazon.com cheaper than the vet, but if you need it in a hurry, they sell it. Pet supply stores do not. I have it on them year round,and it's good for 3 months. Best solution, and have never seen a tick on them, and we just returned from a tick infested field Sunday. I think I brought home a tick on my clothes, but none on the pups! Works greyt!

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.