Mucus Sack Around Poo- What Could Be The Cause?

Guest Trentsmom

Guest Trentsmom

For several days I've noticed that one of my greys stool looks like it's contained in a mucus sack. It's also very soft stool. My pack has been on hook worm treatment for several months, but this is the first time I've seen this. Anyone else experience this or know what could be the cause? Thank you.

My mutt gets this occasionally. I was so worried the first time that I brought a sample to the vet thinking it was a worm. He explained that Pudge's colon was irritated or sensitive and the mucous protected it.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Something is irritating the tummy. Most likely another round of worms if you've been having that issue.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest itsagreytlife

If it happens only a couple times, then stops, do I conclude my grey no longer has the inflammation & everything is peachy?

If it resolves quickly, and stools are completely back to normal, he's probably fine. It may just have been something he ate that didn't quite agree with him. Some dogs also get bouts of colitis when they are stressed. But if this is a frequent occurrence, it would be a good idea to at least mention it to your vet to see if they feel it needs to be investigated further.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

I can't believe no one has asked you what kind of treats you're giving him!

I do not feed rawhides because this sort of nasty good was always present after doing so.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck