Tripe

beledi

Does some sort of enzymes in tripe help to clean teeth? I thought I may have read that somewhere.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

I think it does. I feed a lot of raw green tripe and have a good track record for good teeth and few-sometimes very few if any-req'd dentals. Most my dogs prefer tripe and Momma won't even eat other "selections" as a rule. I feed ground and whole. You can get the whole tripe in strips they go crazy over. In fact I have fed so much of it that it now smells "good" to me when I open another delectable package. :jaw:flip

I think it does. I feed a lot of raw green tripe and have a good track record for good teeth and few-sometimes very few if any-req'd dentals. Most my dogs prefer tripe and Momma won't even eat other "selections" as a rule. I feed ground and whole. You can get the whole tripe in strips they go crazy over. In fact I have fed so much of it that it now smells "good" to me when I open another delectable package. :jaw:flip

Wher can I get whole strips? I feed can.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Wher can I get whole strips? I feed can.

Just have to find a raw food supplier in your area. I use My Pet Carnivore in IN and A Place for Paws in OH.

I am not so sure on the teeth cleaning part, but raw green tripe is full of digestive enzymes and probiotiocs like lactobacillus (sp?). It also has a perfect ratio of phosphorus to calcium 1:1 so it is a great add in. I know a lot of dog toothplaste puts in enzymes (I am skeptical about how much is actually in there from the ingredient list) so I am sure it helps, but it obviously isn't going to clean teeth all on its own. BTW only the raw (not the bleached from the grocery store) has the enzymes, the canned stuff in the store is heated. I have a lovely green, smelly batch in the fridge as we speak! :)

I am not so sure on the teeth cleaning part, but raw green tripe is full of digestive enzymes and probiotiocs like lactobacillus (sp?).

Wondering about the raw green (which is actually grey green and gross looking) tripe at my market. I cant see it cleaning teeth at all.

The ones they have actually have the innards in them and are not strips. They are sold for human consumption.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg