Pinched Nerve At End Of Spine

Thanks

Try this site -- there are a ton of acupuncture vets in CA

http://search.tcvm.c...asp?qtype=state

certified chiropractors:

http://www.avcadocto...nitedstates.htm

and this site

http://ahvma.org/Widgets/FindVet.html

Thank you. I have found a vet close to home that is on this list. She is a vet that specializes in Holistic treatment, Chiropractic and acupuncture. Every evaluation she has been given 5 stars out of 5, She has been treating with Holistic treatments for over 15 years and has the experience we were looking for. The earliest appt is in two weeks, so we have a little wait. I hope this will fix Sam, he is such a gental giant. One of the biggest at the last greyhound picnic. Loves his walks, and hope we can get him out walking again.

Thanks to all of you. Chiropractic is the choice. One more question. On the list of certified practitioners they list both DC and DVM. Any Preference. I found a few fairly close to home, Some are DVM and some are DC .

I went with AVCA certified chiropractor who was also a DVM, and teacher at the chiropractice college here. Can't get better credentials than that, right? Rex went either twice before I decided I was not going to let that man hurt him anymore. He'd scram out, lash and try to bite until they muzzled my totally horizontal lad back dog. It was horrifying.

I told my vet about it and he quietly tsk tsked and remainded me that he had suggested accupuncture because it had a much better clinical track record. Then we went with the depo shot which worked wonders.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Thanks to all of you. Chiropractic is the choice. One more question. On the list of certified practitioners they list both DC and DVM. Any Preference. I found a few fairly close to home, Some are DVM and some are DC .

I went with AVCA certified chiropractor who was also a DVM, and teacher at the chiropractice college here. Can't get better credentials than that, right? Rex went either twice before I decided I was not going to let that man hurt him anymore. He'd scram out, lash and try to bite until they muzzled my totally horizontal lad back dog. It was horrifying.

I told my vet about it and he quietly tsk tsked and remainded me that he had suggested acupuncture because it had a much better clinical track record. Then we went with the depo shot which worked wonders.

We have found a Chiropractor and Acupuncturist, who specializes in Holistic medicine. Certified by both organizations. If we don't try this, it is pills or surgery neither is appealing.. I am willing to try anything.. If she doesn't help and hurts we be gone in a minute., Thanks

Carrie lays down for her acupuncture treatments...she relaxes more that way. She was in so much pain from her injury the first time we went that she was a little less calm than I'd have liked, but, she likes to go now :)

I sit and pet her and rub her paws while the doc gets her all "pinned up."

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

My old boy battled LS and we started managing his pain with Depo injections. He responded beautifully and we were able to manage him this way for several years. We then tried acupuncture and he responded nicely to his treatments but eventually the stress of the car ride was too much for him. At the acupuncturist's suggestion we started Adequan, and that gave him relief for several more months. In the end, we managed him with these methods for over four years, until at 14+ he simply wore out.

Good luck with Sam, he sounds like such a sweet fellow.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Another vote for Acupuncture and Chiropractic care. Our vet also has a whirlpool tub for the dogs. I always wanted to go in for treatment also.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I told my vet about it and he quietly tsk tsked and remainded me that he had suggested acupuncture because it had a much better clinical track record. Then we went with the depo shot which worked wonders.

We have found a Chiropractor and Acupuncturist, who specializes in Holistic medicine. Certified by both organizations. If we don't try this, it is pills or surgery neither is appealing.. I am willing to try anything.. If she doesn't help and hurts we be gone in a minute., Thanks

There are several methods of applying chiropractic adjustments. The first chiro doctor in KC that Survey went to used a more aggressive method than the doctor she sees now. The adjustments are done very quickly and I know with Survey it was more anticipation than pain. Survey hardly seems to notice the adjustments by the current doctor. It sounds like you have made a good choice based on the certifications by both organizations.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE ON SAM; Sam had his 2nd visit to the Chiropractor today. So far, doing much better. Limp is almost gone, walks are going much better. THANK YOU ALL for convincing me I should try it. Sam goes once a week now, then he will go once a month, until he gets to the point as needed. The cost was surprising, the visits are under $40 per visit. We will try the acupuncture after the Chiro treatments. This Holistic Vet has been great too. Never rushes, gives you a chance to ask questions.

That's GREAT news!! :yay

Miss Carrie goes for acupuncture on Friday :) Our acupuncturist is wonderful-he hangs out with us during the treatments, and educates me about what he's doing and why. It's very fascinating stuff!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Sam. He has had his third visit to the Chiropractor. I was NOT a believer in Chiropractic care. Sam's limp is gone, he is enjoying his walks and has been "leading" the last few walks. We walk just over two miles a day. Today he played with a "squeakie" for the first time. We have reduced his pills. (one that has been linked to kidney problems)

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU WHO SUGGESTED CHIROPRACTOR. I am amazed at the improvement in such a short time.