Odd Food Your Dog Loves To Eat.

Guest DragonflyDM

Bu is a normal eater. Sailor loves any food. He goes absoluty nuts for bagels. Like jumps up and tries to steal then from my mouth nuts. He also likes asparagus. Honestly I think he'd eat saw dust if I told him it was food. I used to have a standard poodle who would eat watermelon off the rind.

Asparagus ends. Those dogs can hear an asparagus stalk snap from a mile away.

Both also enjoy strawberries and blueberries. Riley will eat anything I give him. Raven is choosier.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

All of mine have loved asparagus and collard greens. My first yorkie loved raw bell peppers. Kennyroowho the grey mix had me buying watermelon just to watch his gusto in eating it off the rind. He also would eat corn on the cob like a typewriter..in rows across.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I either have, or have made a picky dog because Teague will not eat ANYTHING unless it's meat. He won't eat bread, ANY veggie including mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit, pasta, dog chews, etc. He used to nibble on bananas, but no more. He does love to munch on wheat grass though, he will graze forever in the field :chow

My old dog loved to eat that nori seaweed paper that you wrap sushi with. It kind of crinkles like paper at first and it has a bit of a roasted/salty taste which she loved. It was halarious watching her eat it because it is basically like a piece of paper in the beginning. I figured it was probably pretty healthy too!

Opie loves DH's bran muffins (NO we don't give too much! LOL)

Pizza crust - we call them pizza cookies

Peanut butter cookies - well, I guess that one is not wierd at all since most of them love peanut butter

Little yogert balls out of pack of trail mix type snack.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest Jacks_Human

That he's allowed to have:

• Cornbread
  • Pizza (extra cheese)
  • Spaghetti with tomato sauce
  • Venison
  • Macaroni cheese
  • Fish (his favourite is pilchards, but he also enjoys tuna and sardines)
  • Shortbread
  • Ice cream (raspberry ripple or vanilla)
  • Whole wheat chapatas
  • Tatties and neeps (or just plain mashed potatoes)

Being completely obsessed with edibles, a HINT that he might be getting any of the above inspires a leaping, twirling, tail-wagging dance of joy.

Not allowed:

• Curried rice
  • Jalapeno peppers
  • Salsa
  • Thai coconut soup

...notice the pattern is that he is fixated on all things spicy for reasons I cannot fathom.

Guest avadogner

Augie is absolutely insane for Cinnamon flavored Teddy Grahms crackers. Normally when he is given treats he very gently takes them from your hand or waits for you to drop it, with TGs he almost takez a finger off. It is funny watching him hold one in his tiny worn down front toofers. He can smell them across the house and come running. He doesn't eat much people food but has shunned:

Carrots

Cucumbers

Goldfish Crackers

pretzels

grapes,

bananas

Guest avadogner

I forgot but he is also crazy for stale bread especially sourdough. We let him eat toasted end pieces which help clean his teeth too.

...notice the pattern is that he is fixated on all things spicy for reasons I cannot fathom.

Spicy has never bothered any of my dogs at all. I've never fed them whole jalapenos or habernaros, but they have all (except for grumbly tummy Rex) eaten things like leftover curried rice, garlic chicken, pizza bones with hot pepper flakes in small portions with no ill effects. As I'm on the dark side of 50 I think their stomachs can now take spicy better than mine. :blush

:lol at Joe and ketchup on his fries! Rex would only eat chips if they had a smidgen of some kind of dip on them. Nekked ones someone else could have.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

My dogs will eat veggies and fruit. One dog is not so crazy about lettuce but if he sees the other 2 trying to eat it, he will.

Cookie is CRAZY about bananas. She actually steals bananas off the counter when we were around she loves them so much. (Normally she waits until we leave to find stuff on the counter).

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Guest starbuck

Watermelon, sweet potato fries, and bread crusts! I have to be really careful when I'm in the kitchen, because she and the cats will scoot over to clean up whatever's on the floor.

Tiny was bonkers over strawberries. I had a strawberry plant and was baffled that my strawberries kept disappearing right as they reached perfect ripeness and were ready for picking. I thought the birds were stealing them until I caught Tiny in action. He would check the strawberries for ripeness, rejecting the ones that weren't quite there yet. When he found one that was ready, he would ever so gently pluck it off the plant and eat it. The booger taught Raven to do it, too.

This is an oldie but a goodie. I miss my Tiny man.

IMG_0102.jpg

And Raven. Monkey see, monkey do.

IMG_0106.jpg

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Brussel sprouts!

Oh yeah, I did forget about this one. Frozen Brussels sprouts are favored here too. I dropped some once right from the freezer and was completely dismayed that both dogs ate them. They were immediately chased with Beano tabs to prevent the declaration of a hazardous waste facility in my house!