Finally Joined Greytalk!

Guest HoundWorks

Guest HoundWorks

I am so happy to become a member here finally! I am in the process of adopting my first greyhound. We have our home visit in just under three weeks. I am counting down the days until we get there. We are looking for a petite easy-going girl. I am just so excited! I was at Grapehounds, VA a few weekends ago and seeing all the greyhounds just makes it that much harder to wait.

A little bit about me... My name is Christine and I live in Sterling, VA. I have a 2 year old whippet named Dexter who is a very large boy. Most people think he's a greyhound. He's a handful but has a ton of personality and is absolutely spoiled. We would love for him to have a companion which is why we want a smaller girl. We do have a cat, but there's nothing like having another dog around! I also started my own business called HoundWorks selling martingale collars, leads and greyhound gifts. I started this business because I have a love for design and a passion for these hounds and what's better than to combine the two! My family jokes with me that I have designed all these products saying "greyhound lover" but I don't even have one yet! Looking forward to all the tips I'll receive here! I had been a part of Whippet World when I got Dex and it was such a valuable resource. I was so disappointed when the website went down, but I figured now that I've started the adoption process I could start a profile here!

Welcome to GT! :welcome2 I hope Dex gets along well with whoever you bring home. Zuma and Kira love to snuggle with Phaelin, but tend to get out of the way when he starts to play because he's just not very coordinated. :lol

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Welcome to GT! We bought two of your collars at Grapehounds. I posted this picture of your collars and leashes in my Grapehounds picture thread in the EEG forum.

7215694274_e1d63a646a_z.jpg

Good luck with your adoption. Good to see you here. :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest HoundWorks

Welcome to GT! We bought two of your collars at Grapehounds. I posted this picture of your collars and leashes in my Grapehounds picture thread in the EEG forum.

Good luck with your adoption. Good to see you here. :)

What a nice picture! Thank you for that! I had such a great time at Grapehounds and I'm hoping to be at more events with my own greyhound next time. Plus we just couldn't beat that weather.

And yes I'm a bit worried about Dexter trying to play with the new addition. He is very exuberant in his play and can overwhelm most dogs that aren't used to him! But he is true whippet in that he loves to snuggle, the closer the better so hopefully whoever we end up with won't mind that.

Greetings from Sarasota, FL!

I remember the hurry-up-and-wait period in the weeks before we met and adopted Heisman, our first Greyhound. The anticipation was greater than waiting for Christmas when I was a kid!

Happy times await you... Enjoy the process.

:gh_bow

Cheryl - "Mom" to RUNNER (Gunnah, born 6/15/2012) and FARGO (Ridin Shotgun, born 8/21/2015). Missing my Grey-Angels HEISMAN (RX Heisman) (3/29/2005-2/1/2016) and ALEX (Bevenly) (4/15/2005-6/7/2018).

Welcome to GT! I love Whippets! You will find a lot of knowledge and experience on here. One bit of caution...if you think you want a petite female, you will probably wind up with a huge male, ha ha ha.

Good luck!

p.s. love your products!

Edited by JenniferS

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Guest HoundWorks

Yes! I do know what you mean about ending up with a huge male. That's what happened with Dex. I originally thought I'd end up with a female about half his size, but I now have a monster of a whippet. You can't help it when you set eyes on them for the first time! That's all I need and then I'm sold. So I won't be surprised if I end up with another huge boy!

Welcome...looking forward to lots of pics and stories of your new grey.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest twoskinnydogs

Welcome from NC, neighbor!

ps: There is nothing wrong with big males :lol

Edited by twoskinnydogs

• 1 year later...
Guest NHgreys

Hi! Are you still making/selling collars? We bought one last year at GIG and then another online for our new girl. Your website is not working and I didn't see any updates on your Facebook page. Hope all is well, really love your work!

How exciting for you! We have 2 greyhounds and a whippet. It's funny to watch Petey (whippet) and Bella (6 year old greyhound)…sometimes she acts like she just tolerates him and sometimes she loves playing with him. It's also very funny to see Petey following our 2 greys because it just looks like he's following them saying "Guys, guys, wanna play? I wanna play. Do you like to play? Can I go play with you? guys, guys……" Good luck! I'm sure they will be great together-just get the right match!

Lisa & Chris with Bella and Little Petey

~Our sweet Ian forever in our hearts~