Any Suggestions For A Commercial Food For Boy With Colitis?

Lenny is having issues with Colitis, and for the next 4 days, he's on a very bland home cooked diet as well as meds but I will have to slowly reintroduce him to his normal diet which I am not sure was the cause of his issue.

I am thinking that if I have to change his food, it would be best to ask here for your recommendation on a commercial food.

I just ordered the Tylan powder which I will use as well

Thank you for your help

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, I'm sorry to hear Lenny is sick. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What was his food before he got sick?

He was on Nature's Recipe, fish based but started to get a lot of gas so I switched him back to Natural Choice which he used to do very well on.

The only thing different is I received a gift basket from a local well known market that was full of different treats. They may have upset him

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

We know of a hound with really bad HGE. Nothing worked until they tried Precise Sensicare. He hasn't had any problems in over a year. Also know of a couple other hounds on it for various stomach issues and the results have been good.

I just bought it to deal with a stomach issue that Rocket is having, but still have him on a bland diet of chicken and rice. He's not quite ready for kibble yet.

Hope Lenny feels better soon.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

We know of a hound with really bad HGE. Nothing worked until they tried Precise Sensicare. He hasn't had any problems in over a year. Also know of a couple other hounds on it for various stomach issues and the results have been good.

I just bought it to deal with a stomach issue that Rocket is having, but still have him on a bland diet of chicken and rice. He's not quite ready for kibble yet.

Thank you! I've seen that product in Ca but not sure about here, but will check

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

It can be hard to find locally without having your store order it in. Unfortunately Precise seems to have large gaps in store distrubution around the country. I normally feed their Precise Foundation and have to either special order it at the feed store, or pick it up when I go to indy, about 120 miles away.

I ordered the Sensicare from Wag.com and it arrived in 2 days. Best packaging I've ever seen on a dog food shipment. Wag seems to have it's distribution outsourced to a large logistics company with product staged around the country to meet their 2 day shipping commitment. Very good site to deal with.

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

It can be hard to find locally without having your store order it in. Unfortunately Precise seems to have large gaps in store distrubution around the country. I normally feed their Precise Foundation and have to either special order it at the feed store, or pick it up when I go to indy, about 120 miles away.

I ordered the Sensicare from Wag.comand it arrived in 2 days. Best packaging I've ever seen on a dog food shipment. Wag seems to have it's distribution outsourced to a large logistics company with product staged around the country to meet their 2 day shipping commitment. Very good site to deal with.

Thank you so much for posting about Wag.com. Their price for the Wellness Core is $20.00 per bag cheaper than Petsmart, free shipping and it will be here tomorrow. Totally amazing!

I went with the Wellness Core reduced fat on the suggestion of Jean Dodds who also said the Precise is an excellent food as well.

So, thank you!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I ordered the Sensicare from Wag.comand it arrived in 2 days. Best packaging I've ever seen on a dog food shipment. Wag seems to have it's distribution outsourced to a large logistics company with product staged around the country to meet their 2 day shipping commitment. Very good site to deal with.

Thank you so much for posting about Wag.com. Their price for the Wellness Core is $20.00 per bag cheaper than Petsmart, free shipping and it will be here tomorrow. Totally amazing!

I went with the Wellness Core reduced fat on the suggestion of Jean Dodds who also said the Precise is an excellent food as well.

So, thank you!

Glad it worked out! I didn't even know about them, but my DW sent me the link and said to try it. Apparently they donate a portion of sales to Best Friends in Kanab, UT. DW works for Best Friends, so it's a win-win for us to order from Wag.com.