Good Thoughts For Carrie Please

Hoping the acupuncture and pred helps and she starts improving!

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued good thoughts for her!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

That's great that the x-rays were clear. Also that you were able to get her in to the acupuncturist right away. I hope the pred starts kicking in quickly, and Carrie starts regaining mobility!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

I'm so glad that Carrie's gotten some relief.

I have a vet up here who is an accupuncturist and chiropractor (Dr. Dena & her husband teach chiropractic to vets) ... she has two senior (12 & 14) greys of her own. If you want her info, please PM me (and my house is open to you and your pups if that helps you make things work)

She walked this morning! :confetti:banana

She walked herself outside from the living room, peed and pooped, and walked herself back inside. She wanted to stand at her feeder to eat breakfast, but her butt was getting sinky, so I made her lay down to eat.

That's my girl! I hope we continue to see progress!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so glad that she is improving with the acupuncture and the pred! Keep getting better and better Carrie!

I came home for lunch to check on her - I came in the door and she was getting herself up out of her bed! :yay She walked herself outside, went pee, and wandered around smelling some things for a few minutes, then came back inside. She's resting right now with her ice pack while I eat some lunch and then I have to head back to work. I called Dr. Bahns with the great news!

I'm so happy right now...I cried when she walked up to me and slurped my face with her tail wagging...here I thought I was losing her. She is a TOUGH old girl, and very determined!

Thank you all for the good thoughts...keep them coming. Now the task is to KEEP her feeling good, and not let her do too much too soon so that she reinjures herself.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

It is going to be hard to keep her from overdoing it. She is so ecstatic that her legs work again that she is trying to do all of the crazy things she was doing before, like the little goofy half-pogo thing she does when she comes in from outside and knows its time for a meal (she nibbles my hand and hops around all funny-normally it's hilarious but she's doing too much right now!).

I left Dr. Bahns a message to ask if some short walks would be okay to do with her or if that is even too much right now...she is antsy and such a happy girl, but I don't need her reinjuring herself/making her injury worse! If we can expend some of this energy in a constructive way, that would be much preferred.

The acupuncture vet is going to be surprised to see her walk into his clinic tomorrow morning!

Great updates! You must have mixed emotions seeing her so active - it's amazing that she can, but scary at the same time. Hopefully Carrie will reserve her enthusiasm for the most important things only, so she can heal fully!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest grey_dreams

If we can expend some of this energy in a constructive way, that would be much preferred.

The acupuncture vet is going to be surprised to see her walk into his clinic tomorrow morning!

You could maybe try some hide-and-seek games with small pieces of treats inside. Put a few random pieces around on the floor where she can find them, or on different dog beds, and then get progressively more creative in hiding them better. Or if you could try some basic clicker training, something like just click-treat when she looks at you, or if she touches a piece of paper that you put in front of her, or something like that.

Wishing you further great success with the next acupunture treatment!

That is great news Kristin!!! Very happy Carrie is doing better, let's keep it up!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

The acupuncture vet was SO surprised to see her walk into the clinic this morning on her own! The gal at the front desk commented when we came in, and told me she'd let Dr. Wall know we were there. Apparently she went straight to him and said, "you're not going to believe this - Carrie is doing so well she can walk on her own!" :wub:

We had to stop at our normal vet to pick up some meds, and Carrie had to go to the bathroom, so I got her out of the car and just let her come in with me - we ran into LisaB and our other friend Mona...they happened to be there for various things, and when I called to order the meds, one of the girls at the front desk had told them "Kristin's on her way with Carrie if you guys want to just hang out for a few minutes" :lol So we had a little get together in the vet's office :lol